Object laying flat?

I made an extremely basic windsock test model to see if I could get it to work, with the rotate to wind feature. Whenever I load the mdl into mdl tweaker II, it appears laying flat instead of standing upright, and when I save the mdl with the tweaks, it appears laying flat when I try to place it. Why would it be doing this? :(

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The preview is sometimes wrong, especially for objects with animations. But in general the tweaking should still work fine.

Does your object have any animations or transformations?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Some of my objects that have no animation or transformations but instead have multiple LOD's also have this display problem. In MDL Tweaker this isn't a problem, since they still display fine in FS after tweaking. But I get the same display problem in ModelConverterX and if I export those objects they appear on their sides in FS2004.

Hope this helps,

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Tom,

MDL Tweaker is no longer developed. And as you say they are supposed to work fine after tweaking.

But ModelConverterX should not have the same issue. So if you can send a sample file for debugging I might be able to check that is going on there.