• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Offering 1-on-1 courses in MSFS development

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Good afternoon!

There might a lot of you who are a bit lost or overwhelmed when it comes to MSFS development. And while there are already a lot of resources out there, it is still a tedious and lengthy process to get started with the new sim. I would like to offer my services to help you overcome those initial hurdles.
Long story short, I offer you a 1-on-1 crash-course in MSFS design. Depending on your needs, we can cover:
  • Project setup
  • Basics on packages and how to deploy assets to the sim
  • 3D fundamentals, using Blender
  • PBR materials and Substance Painter
  • Template coding for animations, visibility and mouse interaction (not documented in the SDK yet)
  • In-game editors and debugging
We'll structure the course, based on your needs and level of experience, and the cost for it depends on how much ground we need to cover.

If you're interested, please send me a private message and we can discuss the details. For the course, we'll meet through zoom or similar apps that allow screen sharing.

Country
southafrica
Good afternoon!

There might a lot of you who are a bit lost or overwhelmed when it comes to MSFS development. And while there are already a lot of resources out there, it is still a tedious and lengthy process to get started with the new sim. I would like to offer my services to help you overcome those initial hurdles.
Long story short, I offer you a 1-on-1 crash-course in MSFS design. Depending on your needs, we can cover:
  • Project setup
  • Basics on packages and how to deploy assets to the sim
  • 3D fundamentals, using Blender
  • PBR materials and Substance Painter
  • Template coding for animations, visibility and mouse interaction (not documented in the SDK yet)
  • In-game editors and debugging
We'll structure the course, based on your needs and level of experience, and the cost for it depends on how much ground we need to cover.

If you're interested, please send me a private message and we can discuss the details. For the course, we'll meet through zoom or similar apps that allow screen sharing.
Hi Vitus,
Could you also make a crash=course also on SimDirector (P3D)
Thanks

Country
switzerland
Whoever would offer 1-to-1 coachings to specific problems would make a good business... I would be very thankful for that, because I loose soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time with this undocumented/poorly documented SDK!

So if anybody out there can teach me how to create a simple SimObject out of Blender that has an animation on it which is triggered by the system time, well, I'd be glad to be his first customer :)

Plase understand me right; I have already invested more than two days in this, the object is there, the animation works (in blender) but how do I get that damned thing into MSFS and make it play that animation based on system time (every full hour). I have understood, that it is not realizable with a "normal" Scenery Object, it must be a SimObject. And I even understood the code necessary to make it visible based on system time (thank you Christian Bahr and all you folks discussing in the "visibility" forum topic).

I tried, I tried hard! But I seem to be to stupid to just make a SimObject out of that.

Country
us-washington
Yeah. If I could make a simple cube in Blender, pretend it's an aircraft, apply the simplest PBR material/texture to it, and then successfully get it into the sim using the Blender toolkit I'd be off to the races. Most of that comes down to what text to place in the various fields, both within the MSFS section of Blender, and the Developer mode dialogs within the sim. By now someone no doubt knows the exact, correct procedure so please share it, so that amateur developers like me can get to work! :)

Country
switzerland
Hi Bigglesworth,

Hoooooooray, I got it.... five more hours of my lifetime spent with nerving Microschrott, uups sorry, I mean Microsoft... ;-) they owe me years of my liftime there in Redmont... but I got it.

I know now how to get that famous cube with a color applied on it from blender into a SimObject in MSFS, and I can make it appear and vanish based on Simulation Variables as months or time of the day in the actually running sim.

I am still working on the animations (my test-cube from blender is turning 360°) and on how I make the final object in MSFS turn like that.

I think the real problem is a lack of proper documentation, so one has to figure it out by looking at others, searching and looking tutorials, discussing in such prosperous forums as here... and testing, testing, testing. testing, testing... and so on.

I will try to make a description of my way of doing things soon, perhaps a video tutorial for such dummies as I am one.

Country
us-washington
Hi Bigglesworth,

Hoooooooray, I got it.... five more hours of my lifetime spent with nerving Microschrott, uups sorry, I mean Microsoft... ;-) they owe me years of my liftime there in Redmont... but I got it.

I know now how to get that famous cube with a color applied on it from blender into a SimObject in MSFS, and I can make it appear and vanish based on Simulation Variables as months or time of the day in the actually running sim.

I am still working on the animations (my test-cube from blender is turning 360°) and on how I make the final object in MSFS turn like that.

I think the real problem is a lack of proper documentation, so one has to figure it out by looking at others, searching and looking tutorials, discussing in such prosperous forums as here... and testing, testing, testing. testing, testing... and so on.

I will try to make a description of my way of doing things soon, perhaps a video tutorial for such dummies as I am one.
If you do it dummies like me will salute you!

Country
mexico
Any other PRO in this forum who interested in doing some 1 on 1 , or 5 on 1 (perhaps cheaper if we take it in group) courses for MSFS aircraft and scenery development?