• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

One last test please

Status
Not open for further replies.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Yes, unless each developer defined it on purpose like they did. There are always situations where a merge might not work out.

The new version work fine with my scenery of Paris. Material and Extrutionspb are well generated.

Thanks. Marc

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Two things I found:
  1. The "browse" button on manual installation did not work. I had to copy/paste the path.
  2. Does the program check if it is already installed for the respective sim to avoid conflicts of multiple installations?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Dave,

Let me check what's going on with the browse button.

Yes, the tool checks if it is already installed. I even made it so that an older version can't overwrite a newer one (in case I need to update things in the future).

I've finally got around to using this, and very pleased with the result. It's nice to see my autogen vegetation existing beside Orbx's trees, without losing one or the other whenever I use FTX Central.
Just one issue, I originally installed to P3D3 which worked great, but installing for FSX gave me an incorrect entry in exe.xml -- "\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe" without the drive\program files bit
I don't know if this was something I did (I don't actually recall how I installed it, I think I just used Run, located the previous entry for P3D3 -- which called ACM.exe from the Prepar3D\my scenery folder -- and changed it to FSX. It seemed to work ok, but didn't work when I ran FSX, so I ended up editing exe.xml. Sorry I can't be clearer about what happened.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thanks for the feedback. Normally to install it in another FS version as well you would run the installer mode again. Is that what you did?

Yes, I'd installed to Prepar3D by typing "I:\P3D\Godzone\GodzoneNZDN\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe install" (more copy/paste than typing, I'm rather lazy) in the Run box, so for FSX I simply added ' fsx' to my previous command.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I have been so busy with other things that I haven't been able to spend any time on this tool. I'm really too short on time for all ideas I would like to work on :(

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I should probably just officially release it after I fixed the few reported issues.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Been busy with other things again. Sorry :(

There are one or two small bugs I'd like to fix and then I think this version can become the formal release. I'm sure there will be a few bugs left, but we'll find that out later.

I'll try to get it done in a week (hopefully I don't get distracted again)....

Status
Not open for further replies.