P3Dv4 Material Scripting

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
but on that topic, has anybody managed to get A2A's free windshield effect working for their own aircraft?
Originally, I once had the hope that you may also get raindrops on glass panes of the tower and buildings. Nothing has come of it. The offer of A2A I had also noticed, but have not done anything in this direction. It is another possibility.

Originally, I once had the hope that you may also get raindrops on glass panes of the tower and buildings. Nothing has come of it. The offer of A2A I had also noticed, but have not done anything in this direction. It is another possibility.
Could someone managed to inject render-to-texture to MDL objects?

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Hi!

I'm not sure, the link leads to the Lockheed Martin Support Forum. I am also not sure if the article is about the Windshild effect. There is talk of entries in the Panel.cfg related to the entry "texture00=CursorTexture".
This is also something of "ObjectWorldTransform". I do not quite look over there :scratchch

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Thanks, now I understand it. The article is about animated textures intended to depict raindrops. Unfortunately, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the reguar windshild effect. As it is installed in many aircraft. Nevertheless, I will look at this later again. At the moment we are in the process of reinventing LUA material scripting.