• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Patch ADE 1.78/9 From 32Bit to 64Bit

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The attached zip contains a simple batch file and executable (courtesy of Dick) that will change ADE 1.78 or 1.79 from 32bit to 64 bit operation. This has been tested on ADE 1.78 and ADE 1.79 installations. It is the basis that makes ADE2020 a 64 bit App

The advantage of 64 bit over 32bit is the amount of memory available to ADE. This should at the very least reduce or eliminate out of memory errors. This only needs to be used once.

PROCESS
  • Make a safe copy of your entire 1.78/9 installation in case things go wrong
  • Start ADE (not the copy) and also your task manager
  • Look for ADE in the task manager and it should show (32 bit)
1625829339171.png

• Shut ADE and copy the two files from the zip into your ADE main folder
  • Double click the .bat file you copied across. You will see a command window.
1625829486692.png

• Press any key to close the dialog
  • Run your ADE installation as usual.
  • Check the Task Manager and ADE should be listed without the (32 bit)
1625829598062.png

This should mean that you ADE installation is now running in 64 bit mode. If anything goes wrong then simply replace your ADE installation with the backup you made and let us know what happened

This patch will be applied to future updates of ADE 1.79

Attachments

• ade_32_64_patcher.zip
    100.3 KB · Views: 772
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
This certainly has eliminated the dreaded Out of Memory. However, I have run into a problem when trying to "Connect" ADE to P3Dv5.2 sim.
I have the latest FSUIPC installed.
What have I missed?

Attachments

• ADE_64bit_Connect_fail_Capture.PNG
    ADE_64bit_Connect_fail_Capture.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 212

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Does it work for other versions of the Sim (e.g. P3Dv4)? It is possible that the FSUIPC used in ADE 1.78/9 is a 32 bit library which might not convert. Or it might relate to P3D v5.2. I might need to contact the FSUIPC developers to check what is going on.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I can confirm that if you use this patch then it seems to stop ADE connecting to the sim via FSUIPC. Therefore if you do use the connection to the Sim then you will need to revert to the 32 bit backup you made.

FSUIPC is installed in the sim and isn't part of ADE. I will need to investigate this.

Meantime apologies for any inconvenience

Country
unitedstates
I can confirm that if you use this patch then it seems to stop ADE connecting to the sim via FSUIPC. Therefore if you do use the connection to the Sim then you will need to revert to the 32 bit backup you made.

FSUIPC is installed in the sim and isn't part of ADE. I will need to investigate this.

Many thanks, I was just going to confirm that it fails the same when connecting to P3Dv4.5, but you have already determined that.
No problems...I can most certainly work without it.
Its in good hands.
Cheers

Country
unitedstates
Also not connecting p3d v5.1 hf1 was connecting to all versions of p3d before
fsuipc 6
Waiting on a fix if able thanks

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
The 64-bit conversion also doesn't connect to FSX. Jon's looking at the problem. But I wonder if 64-bit is really needed for ADE. How many users have run into memory problems with 32-bit? If not, the only scare is if Windows finally switches to 64-bit only... but that's unlikely for years.

Country
unitedstates
The 64-bit conversion also doesn't connect to FSX. Jon's looking at the problem. But I wonder if 64-bit is really needed for ADE. How many users have run into memory problems with 32-bit? If not, the only scare is if Windows finally switches to 64-bit only... but that's unlikely for years.
ADE lags bad in big airports during editing. DD KORD. FT EHAM just some of many. And if my sim is open its very bad. 64bit fixed the performance issue.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Dick is helping me to find a solution. It may be easy or not to fix

Country
us-florida

Jon, I checked this on my system and I found no problems connecting to either FS9 or FSX. The connection works just as it did before changing ADE to 64 bit. I have confirmed in Task Manager that ADE is running in 64 bit mode. No *32 behind the executable name. I'm running FSUIPC version 3.999 for FS9 and version 4.938a for FSX. Maybe this is a problem for the payware version of FSUIPC? Just thought I would report my results to you.

Ed

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Ed. Good point. I think there is an issue that might come from ADE but we haven't found it yet

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Jon, I checked this on my system and I found no problems connecting to either FS9 or FSX. The connection works just as it did before changing ADE to 64 bit. I have confirmed in Task Manager that ADE is running in 64 bit mode. No *32 behind the executable name. I'm running FSUIPC version 3.999 for FS9 and version 4.938a for FSX. Maybe this is a problem for the payware version of FSUIPC? Just thought I would report my results to you.

Ed
Hi Ed.

I'm using ADE v179.7475 and FSUIPC v4.974 with FSX. Error as soon as I try to connect after the 64-bit conversion. I'm guessing you may have an earlier version of ADE. My 175 version works great as 64-bit.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There are some coding differences noted between 1.75 and 1.78/9 in the connection handling. I am going to see if I can fix that

Country
us-florida
Hi Dick,
I'm using the same ADE version that you are 1.79.7475. I don't have any other versions on my computer. I just thought it could be helpful for Jon to know that the problem wasn't universal.
Ed

Last edited:
Country
argentina
This is what I get when trying to connect to P3D version 4.5

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 181

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is what I get when trying to connect to P3D version 4.5
Please see post #8 in this thread. It is not currently solved but the workaround is to turn off the ADE connection to the sim. I believe that it will then work.