• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Possible features

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Here is just a quick list of some of the features for this new tool that are in my head now. Let me know which features are missing or which you think are most important.

• Import ASM file and do the tweaking with a few mouse clicks.
  • Import FS2004 or FSX MDL files to prevent the need for the FS2002 gamepack. The tool would make the proper output (in FS2002 style).
  • Automatically slicing up the ground polygons if they are too big for the FSX earth curvation.
  • Ability to easily draw polygons in a GUI (no need for GMax), for example if you just want to place some ground markings (text) at a certain location.
  • Ability to import source data from other formats (shapefile, autocad, ...).
  • Ability to deal with different projections in data and reproject automatically so that it ends up at the right location in the FS world.

Of course I can't promise this all comes into the tool, but it is just a collection of the ideas in my head :)

Country
hungary
Hi Arno!

Great Idea, that would really help us a lot.
As I said in the other forum, FS9 and FS10 compatibility is crucial :)

What I have in mind is the handling of the seasonal textures and night texture. That would be lovely to have. Than we do not have to tweak it manualy.

Automatically slicing up the ground polygons if they are too big for the FSX earth curvation.
+1 :)

And the handling of layers would be important too.

I'm a gmax guy, so I would prefer to do it in gmax, however you are right, creating taxi lines, ground markings are little bit difficult.