• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Prepar3D v2.0 Released!

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
*clap!* *clap!* :D

I am excited that there is finally a development team who're committed to working hand-in-hand with third-party developers. This is a major event, IMHO.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
And that's a bigger reason for developers to get excited about P3D v2 than any others I've read - although I'll have to get a Dx11 video card first.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
although I'll have to get a Dx11 video card first

That is an issue that may well catch a number of folks out :eek:

Country
france
or increment the PC sales worldwide :)

i think this christmas sim users that can will buy a new computer or update it

not surprise me that an "end 2013 flight simulator" ask for an update of sim users hardware to 2013 high end standards

always happen like that
from fs5 to fsx...

it s a simulator not a game
need computer power
more its best
and that its even more true
with P3D that can use GPU at maximum

before was processor
now is graphic card

good news!

it more cheap update the graphic card alone
that processor/memory/motherboard...

even if for the moment i can t update my computer :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Alas, even I will have to upgrade my flightsim test machine, as it's (relatively) ancient GTX550Ti 1GB simple won't be enough to deliver the goods.

I was going to order a GTX780Ti this morning, but an unfortunate emergency trip to the dentist to have two teeth extracted (and follow up cleaning) has pretty well wiped out what I had planned to use for the new video card. $1,091 to have two teeth removed and pre-paid treatment for "Type III gum disease... ouch!:eek:

Country
netherlands
Alas, even I will have to upgrade my flightsim test machine, as it's (relatively) ancient GTX550Ti 1GB simple won't be enough to deliver the goods.

I was going to order a GTX780Ti this morning, but an unfortunate emergency trip to the dentist to have two teeth extracted (and follow up cleaning) has pretty well wiped out what I had planned to use for the new video card. $1,091 to have two teeth removed and pre-paid treatment for "Type III gum disease... ouch!:eek:

Yikes.

This:

tumblr_kqk0dmYt641qa4y1mo1_400.jpg

suddenly makes a lot more sense.

(for the record - two teeth removed would cost me about $70 round here, less if I had a regular checkup - free - in the last year. No idea what Type III gum disease is, so I don't know about the costs...)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
$1,091 to have two teeth removed and pre-paid treatment for "Type III gum disease... ouch!

OUCH Indeed..........................

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I get "almost full health care coverage" from the VA for free. Everything except dental care is covered. :(

Treatment for Type III (5-6 mm pockets moderate bone loss) is $155 x 4 visits, plus $125 for a follow up gum exam.

Oddly enough though, considering just how infrequent I've required dental work, a "dental plan" would have cost more than simply paying for the required treatment. By "pre-paying" for the full course of treatment though, I received a $122 discount.