• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Problem with Re-opening the Ade Project

Country
turkey
Hello and many thanks for this nice project.

I am trying to use ADE and I converted few FSX airport models (with modelconverterx) to MSFS successfully. I addded them to the stock airports, where there are missing buildings on MSFS. They were working fine. But, when re-open the project to modify (for example LTBJ), the converted and added model seems to be in the project but it does not show in the model list. And when the project is compiled again, it is not able to see the model in MSFS again. I hope I described it correct. I am not sure if the problem is the model itself (where it was working fine) or there is a problem with alpha_12 ?
Thanks and have a nice year.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Some screen shots would help us to help you

Country
turkey
Ok.I tried to backup the project to send you while posting but the file was too big for attachment. I will provide screenshots.

Country
turkey
Some screen shots would help us to help you
ADE1 - Model is in the project (yellow gltf file)
ADE2- Model is in the list but not visible (first row)
ADE3 - When clicking on the model ADE gives an error and CTD(crash to desktop).

Attachments

• ADE1.png
    ADE1.png
    923.4 KB · Views: 85
  • ADE2.png
    ADE2.png
    481.7 KB · Views: 91
  • ADE3.png
    ADE3.png
    845.6 KB · Views: 85

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - how did you load the model into ADE? Did you follow the process in section 16 of the Notes?

Country
turkey
OK - how did you load the model into ADE? Did you follow the process in section 16 of the Notes?
I loaded via Lists - Model - Add
Then right click on the project Add - Model
Yes, per sec 16 of the notes.
In the 2. shot, lists shows that the model is used in the project 1 times.
In my first build, the model was successfully in the sim; but in the next attempts the model is nomore seen nor any other models (gltf converted or gltf original).

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
So the model is in the ArtProj Asset group?

1609584571086.png

and you added the model using this dialog?

1609584668886.png

Country
turkey
So the model is in the ArtProj Asset group?

and you added the model using this dialog?
Yes, I added the model, using this dialog box. I could not find how to check ArtProj ? Where is the Asset Group Properties to check ? Thanks.
Edit: Ok I found the Project Properties - Asset Group Properties and yes it is in the ArtProj asset group.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - then I am not sure what is happening

Country
turkey
I think it is not related with the model. It can be a bug in the software. We will see in the next releasese, what will happen.
I just wanted to inform you, if something canbe corected or checked in the software.
Thanks anyway. Have a nice year.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - thanks. There are still plenty of bugs in the program!

Country
turkey
OK - thanks. There are still plenty of bugs in the program!
Hello Again;
Regarding this problem, I would like to share my additional findings for your information, which may help you to find the root cause. I do not know if this happens with other collegues but happens to me, for sure.
When I open the project with alpha_11 there is no problem such as mentioned above. Converted FSX gltf model shows in the list properly and in the sim. But, when I open it with alpha_12, this makes the above problems.
Additionally, as it was mentioned in the change notes of alpha-12 that changing the regional settings (culture format) to US was fixed but when we select our preferred country formatting(culture format), there are still some problems. Alpha_12 shows the model in the list with US settings but do not show the model in the list with our country settings. Hope these findings will give an idea. Thanks for your time, anyway.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Can you please give me a list of what is still wrong with culture settings. Some screenshots if appropriate. I wonder if the culture issue is related to the models showing in the list. I am not aware of changing anything between 11 and 12 related to model handling

Thanks for your feedback

Country
turkey
Can you please give me a list of what is still wrong with culture settings. Some screenshots if appropriate. I wonder if the culture issue is related to the models showing in the list. I am not aware of changing anything between 11 and 12 related to model handling

Thanks for your feedback
ADE4 : alpha_11 with US culture settings= everything normal in ADE and in Sim
ADE5 : alpha_12 with US culture settings = model show in the list but not normal in ADE layout screen and not in Sim
ADE6 : alpha_12 with TR culture settings = model do not show in the list but not normal in ADE layout screen and not in Sim

The name of the model is "LTBJ FINAL.gltf". Maybe the problem is the special characters that we use in our culture settings ? "I" is a different letter than "İ" (with dot) and "ı" is a different letter than "i" (with dot)
I think in this case; we still need to use US culture settings that we can do, no problem. But this time the problem is (as can be seen in the ADE5 image); the model is not good when using alpha_12 with US culture settings !

Attachments

• ADE4.PNG
    ADE4.PNG
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 78
  • ADE5.PNG
    ADE5.PNG
    902.9 KB · Views: 83
  • ADE6.PNG
    ADE6.PNG
    894.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited: