• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

QMID 11 Cell Exclusion

Hi there,

I really like the idea of TSP. I'm trying it out at the moment for my actual project, I decided to do so because I need a tool for simple flatten hole creation. Pretty nice so far.
Here's my question:
When exporting the bgl for P3D I am asked if I want to exclude everything within the relating QMID 11 Cell. When I choose "No" then nothing happens in P3D actually.
When I choose "Yes" then my new custom flatten works BUT my already existing custom made Landclasses/Waterclasses are excluded in the cell-defined area. That's not really nice- and it makes my work more complicated then easier.
Is it really necessary to delete the whole QMID 11 area to make the TSP-built flatten work?
Maybe you need to know that I had to split my scenery in different parts to make them work correctly. So highest priority is the file just containing my TSP-bgl, second highest is a file containing another, basic flatten bgl (built & finished before I knew about TSP. In this file I finally deleted the area I modified in TSP later on) as well as the 3D objects, the third highest contains Exclude Airport Backgrounds, landclass and aerial image background scenery, the fourth has the AFCAD.
I'm afraid that my TSP flatten will not work properly parallel to any other custom landclass or flatten in other scenery-library entries. Maybe I have to make an either-or decision... Do I?

Please help

Arne

gadgets

Resource contributor
I am unable to find any question asking to " exclude everything within the relating QMID 11 Cell", so I presume you are referring to the similar question "Do you wish to replace all existing terrain data in this QMID 11 cell?".

If that is the case, it's entirely up to you how you answer. But, your answer must take into account the characteristics of any existing data.

When I choose "Yes" then my new custom flatten works BUT my already existing custom made Landclasses/Waterclasses are excluded in the cell-defined area. That's not really nice- and it makes my work more complicated then easier.
Then respond "No.

When I choose "No" then nothing happens in P3D actually.
I can't comment on this without having your TSPro files as well as those other files. Perhaps there's an exclude statement in one of those other files that's "killing" your flatten or something else that's interfering. One way to check is to temporarily remove those other files when you answer "No".

If temporary deletion of the other files doesn't solve the problem, then I'm happy to investigate, but I need those files. On the mother hand, if they can't "play nicely", then indeed, you have a decision to make.

Don

Hi Don,
first: thanks alot for your very quick answer!
Perhaps there's an exclude statement in one of those other files that's "killing" your flatten or something else that's interfering. One way to check is to temporarily remove those other files when you answer "No".
I'll check that!
If temporary deletion of the other files doesn't solve the problem, then I'm happy to investigate, but I need those files. On the mother hand, if they can't "play nicely", then indeed, you have a decision to make.
Okay, I'll let you know. Thank you

Arne