• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX R.i.p. Fsx kml

Country
panama
After a long period of sickness the FSX KML tool has come to rest in peace. It was loved by many, hated by none and everybody expressed sadness when the first signs of degenerative illness started showing in the life of FSX KML.

FSX KML now rests in peace and is survived by its brother SBuilderX.

Joke aside, really, I was using FSX KML *extensively* in ALL my scenery projects (I have around 20 in various stages of completion) but got tired of all the tweaking to overcome the aging problems. Even the PRe FSX KML didn't help much in my system.

I must admit I tried to "learn" SBuilderX about 4 times and failed miserably because the processes where not intuitive to me and some plugin DLLs were broken. However, that has been overcome and I must say the tool has features that I always desired in FSX KML (but never got), for example a visual representation of the FSX library object/landclass/waterclass/etc. and the ability to work with maps right from the application rather than using GE.

The time invested in learning SBuilderX (which isn't perfect, I admit and has its own annoyances) is well worth the trouble. I have now put an end to FSX KML and will be migrating my projects to SBuilderX, new ones (several) are already in SBX.

It is a pity the author didn't find the time to take this tool (FSX KML) to the heights it could have reached nor let anybody else pick up the flag and ensure continued development.

My advise to newbies, go for SBX (also in FS Developer) rather than stumping your own arm with a broken tool, time is precious and especially in scenery development that requires so many adjust-compile-deploy-test cycles.

Always can do flatten and make some traffic :(, yes fsxkml has becoming a tool which one can trust, a little erratic in his behaviour. requiescam in pace.

Back