Real-Time Senery?

I recently aquired a copy of FSDS v3.5.1 and was thinking of creating some scenery and am tired of having to restart FSX every time that I create a new scenery. So is there a way to place objects inside the world in real-time, like from within the game? This would eliminate the long wait for it to restart.

Thanks

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I recently aquired a copy of FSDS v3.5.1 and was thinking of creating some scenery and am tired of having to restart FSX every time that I create a new scenery. So is there a way to place objects inside the world in real-time, like from within the game? This would eliminate the long wait for it to restart.

Thanks
Take a look at Instant Scenery from Flight1 or Whisplacer which is free

I never restart FSX for scenery refresh. I just open-and-close the scenery library and FSX reloads the new scenery(ies).

Take a look at Instant Scenery from Flight1 or Whisplacer which is free
Thanks. I think I will use Whisplacer. Doesnt appear that it is still being developed, or at least it isnt being done by the original creator.
I also noticed that there is a tool called ObPlacer XML in the download section of the fsdev site. IS this something similar?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I made ObPlacer XML for FS2004, it does not completely work with FSX. And it does not have the live preview of the placement.

I am thinking about using whiplacer on one computer and then have fs run on the other. I cant seem to get it to work. I think the problem is with simconnect. I type in the ip of the fs computer, but dont know what port goes in. I searched around but havent been able to find much info on how to change or even find the simconnect port.
Any help?