• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Reconnecting FS9 to ADE

Country
unitedkingdom
I mentioned in another post that I'd lost my C drive. A new C drive is in place, and the computer is up and running again. ADE (after a little faff) is working fine for P3D and FSX:SE. However, it can't see FS9. My FS9 is installed in drive G with the 'noCD' patch, which I assume disconnects the program from the registry. Certainly, the sim itself is working just fine, which suggests there was nothing on the C drive which it needed to work. However, there must have been something in the registry that ADE needed to connect with the FS9 SDK. Is there a way of reconnecting ADE and FS9 without reinstalling FS9?

Indeed it looks for the registry entry. If it does not find it then it won't offer it as an option. It suggests that FS9 was either not installed correctly or something happened to the registry entry. The correct way to fix things is to set the registry entry correctly. I am away from my desk right now so don't have the details to hand, Someone else may though

Hi Jon. As all my FS stuff is on another drive, I've only reinstalled the stuff I use regularly. I don't have much use for FS9, but I have a task that needs me to use ADE in FS9 mode. My copy of FS9 has been modified with the NoCD patch which I presume disconnects it from the registry, hence it works perfectly under Windows 10 even without a registry entry. I have tried the Flight1 Registry Repair tool, which declares it's created a registry entry for FS9 - but it hasn't! I have a Microsoft Games entry under WOW6432NODE, but only FSX:SE is referenced there.

OK find the file called global.ini in the ADE main folder. Make a copy of it in a safe place in case things go wrong. Make sure ADE is not running

Open it in Notepad or another text editor and you will see something like this

1607431719970.png

In the TARGET section add the line
ShowAll=True

Save it and start ADE. The selector should now show all versions of the sim even if you don't have them. Select FS9 and you should be able to set options needed to run it.

If you want to lose all the entries and go back to what ADE can find in the registry then remove that line from global.ini This is considered a nuclear option and it is always better to find the registry entry

Jon, that's brilliant. Thank you. I may invade the loft and dig out the FS9 DVDs if you don't really recommend the 'nuclear option'!

Back