• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX (Released) M.I.T. - Maintenance and Income Tool

TurboCompound

Resource contributor
So would it be possible to have it so that when the LVar for the burst tire is active, the affected gear is forced to its retracted position, overcoming your contact point issue?

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Sorry to interrupt here, but is the update which includes the Destination finder online already? I'd love to have a go it!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
So would it be possible to have it so that when the LVar for the burst tire is active, the affected gear is forced to its retracted position, overcoming your contact point issue?

No, that would not help at all.

I'm quite content with my current solution anyway, in which a burst tire simply creates drag and a stuck gear is a stuck gear.

Sorry to interrupt here, but is the update which includes the Destination finder online already? I'd love to have a go it!

No, not yet. Need to integrate it first, then write the documentation.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
The random failure generation method was a bit erroneous and twitchy, so I've replaced it with a simpler, but (hopefully) more reliable one. Expect failure probabilities of 0.001 to 0.5%* every 30 seconds at default values.

*Could be too much; I'm not sure.

Not uploaded yet, so hold your horses!

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Concerns aside, here's the new version.

- Added destination finder
- Revised documentation a bit
- Fixed a bug in touchdown speed tracking
- Planes are much more expensive and price scales better with MTOW now, but you get more starting funds in turn
- Used aircraft generation method improved a bit further
- Failure generation is now simpler and more reliable
- Engine fires may now burn 60 seconds before damaging the airframe
- There's now a clickspot for advancing stuck flightplans to their last waypoint (no more GPS required to do this)

The download link is, as usual, well hidden here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-HUCYi9oLjpQQGUMv29CzjDirvzOlXjep6YluTYIPMk/edit#

MI_Tool_Aircraft.xml has changed, so remember to carry over any custom settings before upgrading!

Hi,

I tried this nice looking tool with the Majestic Q400.
Unfortunately it did not work. Actual payload > max.Payload.
I know that Majestic uses own parameters (not FSX), but is there any change it could work with the Q400?

Regards,
Jacob.

Attachments

• 18-2-2016 08-44-22_MIT_Tool_01.png
    18-2-2016 08-44-22_MIT_Tool_01.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 558

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
If MIT is able to detect the current payload, then it should work. I don't know how the Q400 manages its loads, but try to decrease it below the allowed amount in whatever interface it uses.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Aircraft.cfg: "max_gross_weight" value, "empty_weight" value.
Custom variables: Crew count and weight per person, random payload factor, reputation

So:
Code:
Maximum payload = (maximum weight - empty weight - crew weight) * (reputation / 100)

To get the Dash up to the maximum allowable payload, you obviously have to increase your reputation by flying well or by cheating (see manual).

I'm affraid it does not gonna work, the engine status is also not determined.
Majestic uses not the default FSX parameters.
But no problem.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Very small update. I hope that failure generation and random number handling is ever slightly more robust now.
Also changed the installation instructions for XMLTools.

Download, etc...see post #1.

Affected files: MI_Tool_System.xml.

Updating XMLTools to 2.01 isn't mandatory, but can't hurt. It's just a matter of overwriting the old with the new .dll anyway.

Country
brazil
Very small update. I hope that failure generation and random number handling is ever slightly more robust now.
Also changed the installation instructions for XMLTools.

Download, etc...see post #1.

Affected files: MI_Tool_System.xml.

Updating XMLTools to 2.01 isn't mandatory, but can't hurt. It's just a matter of overwriting the old with the new .dll anyway.

Great!! Thanks for your efforts!!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Fixed a long standing bug that did not clear the repuation penalty for an in-flight failure.

Download: See the initial post in this thread.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
New release.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed the unit of the purchase requirement variable
- Fixed display unit of best landing vertical speed
- Landing light reputation penalties should now clear correctly
- Fixed a fuel usage bug

Additions:
- Added MIT configuration overview page
- Added optional structural payload limit for aircraft
- Added gradual loss of power with increasing engine wear by limiting throttle

Changes:
- Best landing vertical speed now tracked per aircraft
- Purged some unused variables from the save files
- Overhauled failure generation system with realistic base probabilities

This update affects MI_Tool_Aircraft.xml, so keep in mind to carry over and review your settings.
Since there were changes to the save files, edit them as per the instructions below or start over!

Save file editing before running the updated MIT for the first time:
1.) Delete lines #38 to (and including) #44 from the aircraft save file. The resulting file should have 61 lines with numbers in it.
2.) CUT line #3 from company save file and PASTE to end of aircraft save file.

Documentation and download:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-HUCYi9oLjpQQGUMv29CzjDirvzOlXjep6YluTYIPMk/edit

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I'm currently rewiting the UI gauge, using formatted text boxes instead of text elements positioned in the gauge area. The space savings so far are really great and the formatted text system, with its escape codes and ability to use different font colors is awesomely flexible. The amount of saved CPU cycles is marginal when compared to the rest of the simulator's overhead, but lean is always great. And I won't have to scroll myself to death when trying to edit the UI gauge.

Another thing I want to add to MIT in the next revision is a rudimentary contract system. Instead of a fixed reputation-based revenue per flight, there's going to be an offer for a going rate for the payload. The offer will depend on your company's reputation and a bit of randomness, with color-coding indicating whether it's adequate for your current reputation or better or worse. If you think the offer is too bad, you may renegotiate the contract for a small reputation cost (what client likes renegotiated anyway?). Not sure if the penalty will scale with the company's reputation or it will be fixed. It will, however, be scaleable in the common settings file.

Stay tuned.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
With the consequent usage of formatted text boxes, I managed to cut the overall size of the UI gauge from 134 KBytes to 83 KBytes. The amount of lines decreased from 2960 to a mere 1480, including the contract system and a new help overlay (highlighting click spots).

The contract system is in, albeit with a fixed penalty for now.

Still trying to squash a very weird bug in the aircraft value algorithm. When buying the aircraft factory fresh, the value immediately decreases by around 10%, while it instantly increases by around 10% when the plane was purchased second-hand. :eek:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
It's done. This may be the most comprehensive update to MIT in ages. I've also overhauled the documentation a bit to reflect the changes.

Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug/exploit that made earning money by idling on the ground possible
- Landing vertical speed is now correctly treated as a negative value
- Aircraft value calculation now working as it should
- Reputation can not go above 100 anymore
- Flight comfort grading uses negative vertical speed instead of positive

Additions:
- Added a help overlay to every page that will highlight all available clickspots
- A basic contract system generates random payload demand and payload rates every flight based on company reputation. Contracts can be renegotiated at the cost of reputation
- Calculation of payload demand uses maximum structural payload as a baseline when a value for such a limit is defined in the aircraft settings file

Changes:
- Landing light altitude restrictions now depend on the departure and destination airport altitudes
- Rewrote the user interface gauge, cutting the lines of code by more than 50% and reducing file size almost by half
- Polished the UI gauge here and there, changing orders and terms in some places
- Proper double-headed arrow bitmap
- A/B/C-Check and repair cost now scales with aircraft empty weight
- Total aircraft time decreases aircraft value
- Flight time is only tracked when airborne
- Overhauled the entire documentation

This update affects MI_Tool_Aircraft.xml, so keep in mind to carry over and review your settings.

Documentation and download:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-HUCYi9oLjpQQGUMv29CzjDirvzOlXjep6YluTYIPMk/edit

Last edited: