• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

removing ACM

Country
unitedstates
I have problem removing ACM an installing it again for some reason when I run installer nothing happens which there maybe version installed and I can find way uninstalling it
there is folder Scenery Design with subfolder ACM text file and shows FS version not specified
Is there anyway I can get pointed in right direction how to do this properly cause none of justsim scenery have autogen thank you very much

Attachments

• ACMtext.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 231

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

If ACM is started from FS at startup its normal it doesn't know what version it is. But it seems you are running from your desktop, which is weird.

The installer will detect if ACM is already installed using a registry key. If so, it won't install again. If you remove the registry key it will install again. I'm currently typing this from my phone, so can't check the exact name of the key now .

Country
unitedstates
well if you could please help cause the way it looks now I would have to reinstall windows completely. Also it is not actually only justsim autogen but the whole sim is missing autogen on my latest check
Thanks for your time

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Reinstalling Windows to fix autogen sounds like an overkill.

If you have no autogen in the default scenery and in addon scenery, something might be wrong with your autogen definitions. Or did you check your scenery density sliders for the autogen? Worst case you need to reinstall FS, for sure not your entire Windows.

So do you see autogen on the default landclass based scenery?

Country
unitedstates
No I dont regardless of slider there were no vegetation few days ago I had issue with LGSK by 29palms and was advised to delete default.xml in autogen folder which fixed the issue but justsim however today wherever I position my aircraft vegetation was missing so I did start process of reinstalling FS anyway would like to know how to remove ACM so when I do bring it back that way I can install and hop that everything works

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If you remove the registry key below it should always do a fresh install :

CurrentUser\software\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger