• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Repositioned Gate Error

Country
italy
Many thanks for Christmas gift!
I installed ADE and tried to do a little test by modifying a badly positioned GATE when starting cold & dark. Everything took place without the slightest problem and no errors. Then I saved the project in the Community and restarting FS2020 I noticed that the GATE has been repositioned correctly instead the Jetways have disappeared also the building has changed, as if FS2020 covered the default airport with another level. (Airport LIML GATE 41)

1609014575414.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Can you post a backup of the project. How to do this is described in a post at the top of this forum

Country
italy
Hi Jon,
this morning, to make sure I didn't make any mistakes, I created a new project by repositioning the LIML GATEs but the result was the same as yesterday.
Here's the backup.
Thanks for your valuable work!

Attachments

• LIML_GateFix_Backup.zip
    1 MB · Views: 30

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
And the change you made is in gate 41?

Country
italy
In the first project I changed only gate 41 but this morning, in the second project I sent you, I changed the position of all gates served by Jetways from 41 to 45 and changed gate 45 from small to medium.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I m checking but I think one issue is that ADE is does not handle jetways at the moment. I am not sure why this gives the error but as a test create a new project from LIML. Do nothing with it and make no changes but build it and put it in the Community folder removing any existing packages for LIML.

See what you find in sim. This will help to determine if it might be missing jetway objects. I am working on adding jetways to the next alpha. They appear different than those for FSX so there is a bit of work to do

Thanks for your help and interest

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - I think the problem of jet ways is that ADE is excluding the base jet ways but not replacing them. Try this

With your project open go to Tools > Raw Data View and expand the tree so you can see the Airport Delete Record. Find the entry for Delete Jetways and change it from TRUE to FALSE. Close the RDV, Save the project and build again. This time the jetways should be present

1609073304115.png

Country
italy
As suggested from you I just created third project from stock airport LIML without any changes.
I simply saved, builded and copied it in my Community folder cleaned.
The aircraft stay in orginal gate position but the Jetways are lost, probably not still managed by ADE.
I remain available for any further test.

1609074957545.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK but did you see my post above to change the delete flag for jetways. I tried this and it worked for me

Country
italy
I tried just now and it work also for me!
But I have a question, "Could it be that other objects are cleared leaving all flags to TRUE?"
Thanks

1609075970825.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
the idea is that ADE hides all the base data and replaces it with the stuff in the project. At the moment ADE does not hide everything. I will make a list of what should be set to false. I should have done this already but didn't get round to it.