• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Rovaniemi, EFRO

Country
finland
Which effect should it be in the scenery? Not sure what I'm looking for.
* First install the scenery package.
* Then replace that one 0_EFRO_Splash.fx with the one that you find in the above zip-file.

I don't know which folder effects go in P3D... :(

EDIT
Sorry... I misunderstood.

The orange lights in the front of the terminal building had strange shadows, the new effect should show a smooth light on the ground.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Sorry but it seems like they don't display at all. They are supposed to be on these poles aren't they?
00.jpg

Country
germany
I hope that this can get work in P3D. The light poles on the pictures look so realistic.
Just one more thing. Do you plan to add some vehicles to the apron? It is very empty in my opinion.

Country
finland
I hope that this can get work in P3D. The light poles on the pictures look so realistic.
Just one more thing. Do you plan to add some vehicles to the apron? It is very empty in my opinion.

I just tested in my p3d v3.1 and scenery works fine :) Thanks Tatu for your excellent work again

Country
macedonia
Can you share with us your Blend Settings in MCX of the runway and approach lights please ? Also about the mipmaps and big distance without white light, thanks

Country
finland
Hi. I am not at home right now, so I can't check the settings. I also changed them, the next version of EFRO is about to be ready.

The light materials are more or less the same, as the street lights that have been discussed in these forums.

Nothing is done using mip maps. The rwy and als lights are done using several LODs.

The lights have been a real pain, and default lights don't usually have good possibilities for Finnish airports.

Country
finland
Thank you. I try always to get the lights right. It is actually not so difficult, because there are simple rules about the spacing of the lights. In some cases the lights are also drawn to the maps and/or you can see them in aerial images.
Flight sim has ALSF 2 type approach lights that is close to the one that is in use at EFRO rwy 21, but in Finland there are never double rows of green threshold lights like the default FS lights have. I also wanted to include the downslope of EFRO's approach lights in both ends of the runway.
Finding the correct material settings for the lights was difficult because of lights' visibility (distance) and because some FSX materials show through fog. I also had to make a compromise in having the lights turned on all the time since there are no variables available in FSX.

Hi Tatu,

I downloaded your scenery and I must say you did a wonderful job with very nicely made models.
Of course I would not comment if I would not have some critics (you know how people are, especially me:)).
On the other hand, it is NOT critics, it is more of a suggestion to improve some things, like the ones I experienced (but I have not checked other things yet):
- sinking through the parking lot (see pic);
- the rather weird texture of the parking lot;
- the sudden differences in terrain elevation;
- the runway and approach lights during daytime
- and the last one, but I will keep the last one for later on.
All this can be easily improved, for instance:
- the sinking: make a flatten at the right elevation and that is it;
- use the daytime textures for the lamps of the runway and approach lights and only use the night textures at night;
- add some sloped flattens and you will not have those abrupt differences in elevation anymore;
- and the last one is!!!!:
Why do you not have the Santa Claus visiting center in your scenery????????????????????????????????????????????:eek:

EFRO.jpg

Cheers,

Attachments

• EFRO.jpg
    EFRO.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 485
Country
austria
Hi Tatu,
I also am very thankful for this wonderful scenery.
But I think there is a little problem with the season batchfiles? If I ran for instance the 0_EFRO_Snowy_Winter.bat, this program is searching for FinlandXII_Trees1_HW.dds, also for FinlandXII_Trees2_HW.dds and FinlandXII_Trees3_HW.dds. But there are no such ddsfiles in the sceneryfolder!
Do you know why they are missing?

Country
finland
Hi Tatu,
I also am very thankful for this wonderful scenery.
But I think there is a little problem with the season batchfiles? If I ran for instance the 0_EFRO_Snowy_Winter.bat, this program is searching for FinlandXII_Trees1_HW.dds, also for FinlandXII_Trees2_HW.dds and FinlandXII_Trees3_HW.dds. But there are no such ddsfiles in the sceneryfolder!
Do you know why they are missing?
These dds files are texture files, not scenery files. I have them in my EFRO/Texture folder.