FSX Rovaniemi, EFRO

Hi!

Thank you very much for the help on this forum, especially Arno. I haven't been writing much, but reading a lot.
I got my hometown airport ready for the public, you can download it from FSNordic.net File library, it's freeware.
So here goes.... Santa's official airport, EFRO, Rovaniemi at the arctic circle in Finland. :p

Custom lights

The approach lights are correctly placed going downhill...

Scenery includes a quite a big photoreal area as well

More snow...

Using Arno's directions I managed to create two different docking systems. The other one (on the left) is a bit strange one. The right display shows the centreline, and the left one means "stop" when you see two straight lines.

Great!
Is this your final version? Did you resolve the problem with the change of the default.xml (autogen)? Any plans of a P3Dv3 version?

Great!
Is this your final version? Did you resolve the problem with the change of the default.xml (autogen)? Any plans of a P3Dv3 version?
Yes, this a final version. Most likely I'll release an update later... but this is very hard work to design sceneries, I don't have the time to do as much as I wanted.
The default.xml I solved by using default autogen. :( It was the only and the best way to do it this time. It was too complicated for most of the people to change default.xml file or add the necessary line in FSX.cfg. Sometimes one has to "kill the darlings..."

And for P3D I'd would need a new PC.... Rovaniemi was done mostly by using iMac. :-D

Yes, this a final version. Most likely I'll release an update later... but this is very hard work to design sceneries, I don't have the time to do as much as I wanted.
The default.xml I solved by using default autogen. :( It was the only and the best way to do it this time. It was too complicated for most of the people to change default.xml file or add the necessary line in FSX.cfg. Sometimes one has to "kill the darlings..."

And for P3D I'd would need a new PC.... Rovaniemi was done mostly by using iMac. :-D
Great that you solved the autogen problem. :) I really hope to you have the time to develop this airport for P3D in the future.

This looks great. Thanks for sharing your work, and great job. I will download it now and take a fly around.

I'm amazed that you say you did this on an imac too. I didn't even know you could use FSX on an imac.

Cheers,

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Looks absolutely awesome!! :cool:
Thanks for releasing such a high quality addon as freeware.

Sadly I'm doing hard finding it on the site you referred to as there is no scenery category, the search result just gave me an 8-year old FS2004 version of the scenery. :(
could you post a direct link?

Looks absolutely awesome!! :cool:
Thanks for releasing such a high quality addon as freeware.

Sadly I'm doing hard finding it on the site you referred to as there is no scenery category, the search result just gave me an 8-year old FS2004 version of the scenery. :(
could you post a direct link?
Enter this URL: http://files2.fsnordic.net/files/zip/Scenery/Rovaniemi_revisited_2015.zip
At first it will show an error, you need to press enter on the URL again and it will start downloading the scenery.

Hi Tekica123,

See the link in the post above yours. I went to the website and found the scenery after a bit of hunting around, but the link in the post above yours works after two goes, as the post suggests.

Cheers,

Thank you guys.

To download, go here:
http://www.fsnordic.net/Files

* Then click on Flight simulator
* Scroll down to 'Scenery'
* Choose and click on Finland
* Find Rovaniemi. :)

This looks great. Thanks for sharing your work, and great job. I will download it now and take a fly around.

I'm amazed that you say you did this on an imac too. I didn't even know you could use FSX on an imac.

Cheers,
Yes, all the photoshop work, photoreal terrain and terrain mesh sources were done on a Mac. I have bootcamp, Windows 8 installed on an other partition in my Mac.

....., but as I don't have the sim it is a bit difficult to trust that everything works.
I think, it's no problem to find somebody here in this forum who might be able to assist you in doing that. I'm willing to help but I don't have v3 installed.