Run time error 6

Trying to make the scenery of Norvenich Airbase the compiler stopped. I've got the error message:
"Run time error '6' Overflow". I'm using SceneGenX, version 1.01, build 103. Is it the maximum amount of objects that I tried to put in the scenery? Does anyone have an answer?

tgibson

Resource contributor
You are indeed exceeding some type of maximum value for the program.

SceneGenX is a very old program, is there a reason why you are not using a newer one?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Why not use a tool like ADE to do your development? ADE is still actively developed and supported.

With my SceneGenX-program I have collected hundreds of objects (mostly API), how can I transfer them to ADE? Is there also a possibility to connect RWY12 with ADE just I can do this withe SceneGenX?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
ADE can place library objects, so libraries made for Rwy12 can be used. Objects in API format are really antique (FS2000 or older). ADE doesn't support these, but you could convert them to a mdl file with MCX. That would also improve their performance.

Thanks Arno, I hope that I can transfer my API-objects and RWY12-libraries into ADE. Perhaps you can give me a handout how I must do this. By the way, what is MCX and where can I get it?