• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Scene Editor and Projected Mesh Broken

Country
unitedstates
So After this Latest update, My projected mesh objects do not show up in Dev mode. Furthermore, in the scenery editor, I can see that they are listed. However, when I move down to where they are, things are pushed off to the side and I can not see what I am selecting anymore. Has anyone had these issues? Image showing highlighted object, but not able to see the name can't scroll left or right to bring it back onscreen.

Scenery editor.JPG

I have had similar issues with loaded scenery not displaying correctly in editor mode. Not to mention my own developed scenery no longer loads when in the Addons folder.

Asobo have seriously broken something with the editor and scenery pipeline.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I have had similar issues with loaded scenery not displaying correctly in editor mode. Not to mention my own developed scenery no longer loads when in the Addons folder.

Asobo have seriously broken something with the editor and scenery pipeline.

Yeah, The addons folder is the opposite for me. When I load a package from there I can see things. However, I still need to edit some things which I can't see or select in the editor. I've even tried their sorting system by every option available. This sucks because it kind of makes you have to stop working until a fix is available.

Yeah, The addons folder is the opposite for me. When I load a package from there I can see things. However, I still need to edit some things which I can't see or select in the editor. I've even tried their sorting system by every option available. This sucks because it kind of makes you have to stop working until a fix is available.
I feel your pain. As a developer, to be unable to develop due to circumstances like these really hits a nerve, in my case I have a scenery product which is now unusable until Asobo fix whatever the problem is that is preventing it from loading. Its a real shame and they should have a rollback plan for this then when everyone is happy, they can then update.

Even windows updates give you and option of deferring updates so I don't see why this can't be an option.

So After this Latest update, My projected mesh objects do not show up in Dev mode. Furthermore, in the scenery editor, I can see that they are listed. However, when I move down to where they are, things are pushed off to the side and I can not see what I am selecting anymore. Has anyone had these issues? Image showing highlighted object, but not able to see the name can't scroll left or right to bring it back onscreen.

View attachment 75787
Hi, I too am having this issue. Been almost 2 weeks with no reply after reporting the issue multiple times to them. It's incredibly frustrating as I have a commercial project that is now on hold. Has anyone found a work around?

Hi, I too am having this issue. Been almost 2 weeks with no reply after reporting the issue multiple times to them. It's incredibly frustrating as I have a commercial project that is now on hold. Has anyone found a work around?
I'll keep you posted if I find any solutions. My SDK, in my opinion, was good because everything I needed worked. Even some things other people said would give them a CTD worked fine. Now, everything is a crash or doesn't work. I feel your frustrations as I am also working on a project.

I feel the most frustrating thing is the lack of direct support from Microsoft or Asobo as it is developers like us that driver most of their sales. As Steve Balimer said "developers, developers, developers". The platform for dev support is a joke, as it seems most support there is from other developers and not Microsoft or Asobo, at least that I know of or had experience with. They need to up their game or they will lose developers and subsequently, customers.

They're all working in silos. They need to be much more community driven especially when developers drive sales. It seems more like lip service from them than anything else.

I don't see any real evidence that developers drive sales, myself. I don't see a lot of, "I'll buy MSFS when I know there is a plethora of rich, multi sourced content for it." What I generally see, is people using their parents credit card to add one more title to their incredible variety of X Box entertainment.
I do see salesmen telling developers that developers drive sales, which has the added benefit of not discouraging casual users, while simultaneously encouraging sales to developers and I think the absolute most obvious evidence, that new, casual users drive sales far more effectively than do developers, is the X Box integration update.

If there could be a more effective slap in the face, to the developer community, than say, closing the ACES studio (more on this below) while the simulator was still in development, it might be suspending, or destroying a years worth of 3rd party development, in the hopes X Box users would flood the terminal and it is my belief that the flood did not bring the glut of new capital that could have financed clearing all the numerous glitches we still face from an update to bring this capital, that was compelled upon us over a month ago.

If a month is too short a timespan for one to critically examine the promise to support devs, we can consider the dysfunctional AI traffic toolbox, the just implemented and woefully buggy visual effects editor and the whole piggyback support system at the MS Dev site, where developers with good reviews get elevated status...that we are supposed to assume eventually allows these gifted people to ask questions of the actual Microsoft developers?

What I see, is a desire to appeal to as diverse a crowd as possible. The Counterstrike and Madden Football cliques are pretty closed ranks. The flyboys, the dreamers, the sci fi nuts, the tinkerer nerds, these people need to be branded together into "flight simmers."
For our sub genus, the tinkerers, they throw together a few of the actual development tools, put a slick GUI on them and call it SDK. In FSX, this worked convincingly, because MS only troubled themselves to model LAX, CDG, Heathrow and Gatwick, leaving the rest of the world to the developers. In MSFS, the eye candy makes the discrimination a little harder to see.

I can remember, that when I saw the promotional video with the camera view over the Embarcadero and all the Hornblower yachts and dinner cruise ships, had been "supplanted" by tuna seiners, I thought, "really? You stopped there?" At that moment, I knew there was no real place for developers. It took me a while to articulate my feeling, but finally I got it. It was as if to say, "it is not at all obvious that factory fishing would have been replaced by tourism decades ago in the SF Bay Area, this location is complete, it is in our promo video ffs - but go ahead and improve on that and make a living selling corrections to our oversight," as if.
It seems more like lip service from them than anything else.
Well, if it looks like a 🦆 and we are still calling it support, that is the essence of simulation.

ACES STUDIO

FSX was first released in 2006, the "bgl" format is named for Bruce Artwick Organization, then disbanded in 2009. FSX:SE released in 2014.

bgl.JPG

By this timeline, Asobo has another two years before MS dissolves that relationship.

The topic is "Scene Editor and Projected Mesh Broken". Stay on topic please, or start a new thread.

Hello everyone

I have a problem with a PM after latest update SU6, texture disappear in a part of the terrain mesh, befor upgrad alla was correct, same project

Hello everyone

I have a problem with a PM after latest update SU6, texture disappear in a part of the terrain mesh, befor upgrad alla was correct, same project
Same here for me. After the update my PM disappears when i have checked delete apron, delete, runway and delete painted elements in the airport properties.

Last edited:
I solved it too. I added the Runway Object and my Projected Mesh appeared as it should. But in the end, something is very broken since the last update. The automatic folderstructure is a mess

Back