• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Schema Check error -

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,
Does anyone seem to have issues opening a bgl to edit that has been made for a professional scenery. For example, I wanted to open a bgl of UK2000's sceneries to assign codes to the gates but I get the attached error boxes. Any explanations for what they mean?

Thanks

Attachments

• AIRPORT DESIGN EDITOR F20 (S)  v20.18.7750 ALPHA (Pro)_  -  [Ver. 00.00.7755] 26_03_2021 10_32...png
    AIRPORT DESIGN EDITOR F20 (S) v20.18.7750 ALPHA (Pro)_ - [Ver. 00.00.7755] 26_03_2021 10_32...png
    5.1 KB · Views: 66
  • AIRPORT DESIGN EDITOR F20 (S)  v20.18.7750 ALPHA (Pro)_  -  [Ver. 00.00.7755] 26_03_2021 10_32...png
    AIRPORT DESIGN EDITOR F20 (S) v20.18.7750 ALPHA (Pro)_ - [Ver. 00.00.7755] 26_03_2021 10_32...png
    16.2 KB · Views: 69

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes - it seems that a value is used in the file for the datatype Parking Suffix that is invalid. 67 looks wrong to me since there are 27 values in this datatype. I can probably check more if you can email me the bgl file concerned. jon AT scruffyDuck DOT org

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I will try and look at them tomorrow

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I can replicate the errors and I am investigating it. Not sure if it is the developer, the decompiler or ADE

Country
unitedkingdom
Ok, I'll await your outcome.

I've also noticed is that I'm unable to open the special airport scenery that comes with MS2020 like CDG/JFK for example. They don't complete the Loading Data stage and an error box appears saying ADE has encountered a problem.....
This isn't for stock files, they work fine. I'm able to edit the CDG stock file but no the bgl of the scenery that comes with MS2020.
Thanks

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Ok, I'll await your outcome.

I've also noticed is that I'm unable to open the special airport scenery that comes with MS2020 like CDG/JFK for example. They don't complete the Loading Data stage and an error box appears saying ADE has encountered a problem.....
This isn't for stock files, they work fine. I'm able to edit the CDG stock file but no the bgl of the scenery that comes with MS2020.
Thanks
Hmm - can you provide the log when you get those errors? I can load them without error

Country
unitedkingdom
How do I find the log files when it happens, I've attached what I do to open the file and the error box I get.
Load Airport 03_04_2021 07_58_06.png

Attachments

• F20 Project Properties 03_04_2021 07_56_59.png
    F20 Project Properties 03_04_2021 07_56_59.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 49

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Tools > Send Log Refer to this thread in the Notes Section

1617433688459.png

Country
unitedkingdom
It doesn't appear to be letting me do that either, the curser is permanently loading. I'm not sure if its sending or not.

I've emailed the xml file I've managed to create for it to you.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK there is a stickied post in this forum about this. It will eventually go or time out. if it times out then uncheck the box to send the project state

Country
unitedkingdom
Tried unticking the box and still doesn't send, I've emailed the XML file I've been able to do if that's any help.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - I have the XML - it looks like an error loading a jetway. I suspect there are jetways without any connectors and ASDE is failing to handle them properly. I have the bug so I will try and fix it shortly. I plan a HF4 in the next several days

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Fixed the bad parking suffix values and the error loading jetways from some enhanced airports