SimBridge

Hello folks,
So I’ve been working on this console app for a little while. It’s purpose is to run in the background of another app (probably written using electron, at least, that’s what I use, and I’ve written my own framework for it :) ). The console app is basically a tcp client that sends out data to the server listening.
In the process of this writing this post, I’m pushing this project to github.
Here’s a short demo of it sending data to the server, that hosts a simple json api for the data. It’s updated either 500ms or 50ms.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10ShIiVCu880GYma860HtGW86fGMM9r02/view

The client sends data in a single variable, that has a delimiter of ;.
So, that’s the data example: 400;233;Prepar3D v4.4;54.3839;22.8484

ollyau

Resource contributor
Oh gosh, I literally made something with the same name and a (kinda) similar purpose just this past week (and it's also on GitHub)! Mine supports data flow in the opposite direction, where the client subscribes to MQTT topics with the intent to listen for commands sent by an AWS Lambda function invoked by an Amazon Echo device. :p

Last edited:
Oh gosh, I literally made something with the same name and a (kinda) similar purpose just this past week (and it's also on GitHub)! Mine supports data flow in the opposite direction, where the client subscribes to MQTT topics with the intent to listen for commands sent by an AWS Lambda function invoked by an Amazon Echo device. :p
Well, I changed the purpose of my "SimBridge". It’s main purpose now, is to power my ACARS system that’s written with electron.
It’s basically a web server, that electron makes requests to.
The data server works with xplane and fsx/p3d on windows only. I have plans to make a web server run straight from xplane on mac os. Here’s what it can do now.
Idk why I’m explaining this, but there are routes for /api/status (conn status; get), /api/data (live sim data; get) and /api/acars (tells whether the user is at the departure airport/arrival, flight progress, distance, time enroute; post (with departure and arrival airports)).
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/485618270712496136/606866380704186379/2019-08-02_17-35-43.mp4

Attachments