• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 SODE Jetways and PBR ?!

Country
france
hello @12bPilot

i made SODE jetways before and had to select skinned mesh in the material editor to get the jetway to support bones
but now in P3D v4.5, i used PBR materials and there is no skinned mesh bool to check, when i dock the jetway it just switch between the STC and the skinned but never moves

any thoughts?
thnx in advance :)

Country
france
hello @arno
was there any mention about the Skinned animations in the X file format ? with PBR?
I can't get my mesh to follow bones
I inspected a 3rd party aircraft that has PBR materials applied to it and the mesh had bones and a skin animation (ofc it doesn't work in MCX but in P3D it does)
any thoughts?

Country
pakistan
Hello

The issue lies somewhere else. I've been doing PBR SODE jetways and never had any issue. Yes, the animation may not work in mcx but it doesn't affect anything in the sim. It works just fine. There's no skinned mesh option anymore in PBR materials.

Hope it helps.

Country
france
Hello

The issue lies somewhere else. I've been doing PBR SODE jetways and never had any issue. Yes, the animation may not work in mcx but it doesn't affect anything in the sim. It works just fine. There's no skinned mesh option anymore in PBR materials.

Hope it helps.
can you send me one of your PBR jetways to compare it to mine please

Country
france
my way to do them is the make a model, texture in substance, import to 3ds and apply the materials then run the sode scripts and test out in p3d but this time with pbr it doesn't work :(

Country
pakistan
Well, those were not mine so I'm afraid I can't help much in that. But there can be other things that may affect the animation. Were the jetways working fine without PBR? Maybe check the directories once again and make sure you update the jetway.cfg also when re-exporting.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It seems for PBR materials there is no attribute for skinned anymore. I need to update the preview in MCX for that.

Country
france
just reinstalled SODE and still doesn't work
i think the problem is in my models
i'll remake a test model from scratch and see

Country
france
hey
i just used the default model provided by SODE, i added PBR to the sample model and it doesn't work too :|

Country
france
@SimArc
i found that the problem wasn't with the PBR mats at all
i made a standard one and it doesn't work too

maybe the problem is in my model dif
can you send me yours please

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

These warnings look quite normal, the X file sometimes has some additional animation links in there that can not be resolved. So I would not worry about these warnings.

Country
france
@SimArc
@12bPilot
Hello again
it surly a PBR material problem o_O
my jetway is 100% PBR
so i decided to make my 2nd material standard
and guess what
2019-7-2_22-2-56-991.png
2019-7-2_22-5-19-866.png

you gotta be kidding me :eek:
the standard material part is moving and connecting to the plane while the PBR one doesn't :mad::mad:
My model is attached if you wanna look at it

Attachments

• model.zip
    214.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
You might want to convert the bmp file to dds file... I don't think bmp files are compatible with PBR materials, though I could be wrong.

Country
france
I don't think that it has a relation with texture, as even with DDS or without any texture at all in the folder, it still the same: PBR part is not animated, the standard is normally animating

Country
france
i got an idea
i get the full PBR model, i duplicate it, i make it standard, i apply the SODE animation
then i attach the PBR model to the standard, i remove the standard in MCX or i make it transparent and i got Jetway

i don't wanna get to this solution yet :(

Country
france
Hello

this is going crazy, really, like there no logic at

so lets get it slow
first i exported my model to standard material (had no hope) = it worked!
i was like well let's make a copy and do a small tiny PBR test => set the is PBR mat to true (in MCX) and the jetway worked :eek::eek:
i said ok let's apply the other maps = boom the jetway failed again like we're back to the start point

imported the copy and started doing a setting one by one and exporting and testing = it worked! o_Oo_O
made a copy (just in case)
i went to MCX assigned all the maps at once = it failed :mad::mad::mad:
i went back to the last copy and started adding each map and testing after each map = it worked !! yeaaaaaayyy :D let's do the same thing using the batch converted to every jetway
so took my second jetway and assigned the standard in 3Ds = it worked
run my batch template = it worked :eek::eek: we're good so far
started assigning the maps,

first material, first texture == FAILED AGAIN :mad: WT***
back to the last copy and assigned only one other map == FAILED
, i said i'll import the failed and remove the map == FAILED :mad::eek:
THE HELL IS THAT, is MCX losing some values or what, and even if you go from a failed PBR model back to standard it doesn't work (with skinned mesh = true)

you can see the crazy model (the others are static)

2019-7-9_3-32-27-272.png