• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SODE V1.6.3 Open-Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
switzerland
Hi,

For the next SODE release, I need some testing done because there were substantial changes internally in the jetway control logic.
These changes have enabled new features such as automatic docking/un-docking for user-aircraft and multi-jetway support for AI aircraft.

Automatic docking/un-docking
Using this feature, SODE tries to solve the assignment of single or multiple jetways to the available aircraft doors. There is no need for the user anymore to manually assign each jetway to a door.
If successful, SODE will then trigger the jetways sequentially.
To trigger this automatic docking, there are two ways:
  • Manual: Via the SODE text-menu
  • Automatic: Based on aircraft state variables. For docking the parking brake must be set, all engines off and beacon off. For undocking, only the beacon needs to be turned on.
The automatic mode is intended for SimCockpit builders that don't want to have to use a text-menu or don't want to use keyboard strokes.

To enable the automatic docking of jetways based on aircraft state, you have to turn this feature on in the SODEPlatformManager -> Settings. Per default, it is set to off!

Please test this feature using different aircraft and multiple jetways. Also, please test the improved AI detection with multiple jetways.
GSX operations should not be affected by the automatic features and GSX will react on the actual jetway state (docked, in transition, undocked) when calling the GSX menu.

Here's the preliminary changelog: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=changelog-draft

Here's the link to the beta installer: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?wpdmpro=sode-v1-6-3-beta
PWD: beta163

Note that SODE will carry "1.6.3 DEV" in its title in the sim. Please comply with the terms and conditions (No release of beta files to the public/projects)

Thanks for your help.

Country
switzerland
Hi Jeffrey

It looks to me that some People dont understand SODE, or dont want to understand! As far as I know have you been providing some good Manuals and Tutorials, but it seems, that this is not enough!

Freundliche Grüsse aus der Schweiz und besten Dank für SODE:wave:

Conrad

Country
germany
I did some tests with AI aircraft at FlyTampa LOWW and Flightbeam KSFO. If I create multiple [exit] sections for the AI aircraft, the jetways are indeed docking to multiple doors. That is such a wonderful feature!

Attachments

• fsscr000.jpg
    fsscr000.jpg
    944.6 KB · Views: 1,127
  • fsscr001.jpg
    fsscr001.jpg
    785 KB · Views: 1,158
  • fsscr002.jpg
    fsscr002.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 1,091
Country
germany
What I also noted is that the amount of jetways not docking to AI aircraft has increased since the update. Although all aircraft have exit settings the jetways are not docking at some of them, more then before. They seem to be able to reach the doors, but are not moving.

All pics at Flightbeam KSFO

Attachments

• fsscr004.jpg
    fsscr004.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 783
  • fsscr005.jpg
    fsscr005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 919
  • fsscr006.jpg
    fsscr006.jpg
    958.9 KB · Views: 960
Country
switzerland
Thanks for the feedback.

It would be interesting to find the reason for the jetways not be able to dock to the AI aircraft. You could open then SODE PlatformManager and turn the "Debug Mode" setting to "true". This generates a detailed log output, including the AI jetway docking status.
Then run the sim and wait for a while to let the AI detection system settle a bit. After quitting the sim, you can go to C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log\ and upload the SODE.log file here as an attachment. It would be very helpful to provide some screenshots (as you have before) so I can identify the gate and the respective aircraft more easily.

Country
germany
WOW, my SODE.log file is huge... More than 20.000 lines! I hope you find the information you need in it.

Thanks for your support.

PS. I just downgraded back to 1.6.2 to see if there really is a difference. All Gates in the screens except the left SWA gate dock perfectly in 1.6.2

Attachments

• fsscr000.jpg
    fsscr000.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 790
  • fsscr001.jpg
    fsscr001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 823
  • fsscr002.jpg
    fsscr002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 693
  • SODE.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 882
Last edited:
Country
germany
And now I tested FlyTampa KBOS with both SODE versions. FlyTampa just recently updated their scenery with SODE jetways.

I first did run a test with 1.6.2 and all looked fine there (except jetways crossing each other ;-) ). Then I installed 1.6.3 again, an unfortunately no single jetway docks to any aircraft now. At the whole airport. Attached is my log file for the try with 1.6.3.

Attachments

• SODE.txt
    205.7 KB · Views: 839
Country
switzerland
Fixed a bug where for AI with single door and multiple available jetways, the logic would not resolve correctly and no jetway would dock.

It is still possible that no jetway can dock, due to the length of the jetway bridge being too short.

A new beta has been uploaded.

Country
germany
What is defining if a jetway is too short, or if it cannot go further down or up to a door?

I can remember at Flightbeams KMSP, there is a Terminal for all the Delta regional jets, CRJ-200 and -900. All were docking right at 1.6.2 but now all aircraft doors are to low in the log file.

Could it be you changed some of these values in the update?

Country
switzerland
What is defining if a jetway is too short, or if it cannot go further down or up to a door?

The movement limits are defined with the jetway model supplied by the add-on developer.

I will double-check the code section where SODE tests if the proposed mathematical solution for the IK problem lies within those movement limits.

Country
germany
I downloaded the latest version and did another test at KSFO. No real change for me. All aircraft doors seen here are clearly physically in range for the jetways. Some observations, including the log file lines:

KSFO-C:
Jetway for C48 wants to dock with the Virgin A321, although this is parked at C47
[AI DETECTION] (Static) Jetway Terminal C 48 Jetway cannot be docked to AI=A321 N922VA [IKErrCode=2] [AI DETECTION] => IKErrCode as text: Aircraft Door too far away for the Jetway //

Jetway for C47 wants to dock with an unknown American A321, which is not even in sight, and the American B738 parked at C45B
[AI DETECTION] (Static) Jetway Terminal C 47 Jetway cannot be docked to AI=A321 N559UW [IKErrCode=6] [AI DETECTION] => IKErrCode as text: Aircraft Door out of Jetway Rotation Range // Aircraft Door too far away for the Jetway //
[AI DETECTION] (Static) Jetway Terminal C 47 Jetway cannot be docked to AI=B738 N987AN [IKErrCode=4] [AI DETECTION] => IKErrCode as text: Aircraft Door out of Jetway Rotation Range //

For the jetway at C45B there is no entry in the log file.

KSFO-D1:
Jetway for D53 says its too far away although its clearly easy in range. But I cannot say for sure that the aircraft at this gate is N629VA.
[AI DETECTION] (Static) Jetway Terminal D 53 Jetway cannot be docked to AI=A320 N629VA [IKErrCode=2] [AI DETECTION] => IKErrCode as text: Aircraft Door too far away for the Jetway //

For the jetway at C54A there is no entry in the log file.

KSFO-D2:
For the jetway at D58A there is no entry in the log file.

Jetway for D58B says its too far away although its clearly easy in range.
[AI DETECTION] (Static) Jetway Terminal D 58B Jetway cannot be docked to AI=A321 N902AA [IKErrCode=2] [AI DETECTION]=> IKErrCode as text: Aircraft Door too far away for the Jetway //

KSFO-E:
For the jetway at E65 there is no entry in the log file.

Jetway for E66 says its too far away although its clearly easy in range.
[AI DETECTION] (Static) Jetway Terminal E 66 Jetway cannot be docked to AI=B787 N30913 [IKErrCode=2] [AI DETECTION] => IKErrCode as text: Aircraft Door too far away for the Jetway //
Plus it tries to dock to a United A320 (possibly the one at G67)
[AI DETECTION] (Static) Jetway Terminal E 66 Jetway cannot be docked to AI=A320 N454UA [IKErrCode=6] [AI DETECTION] => IKErrCode as text: Aircraft Door out of Jetway Rotation Range // Aircraft Door too far away for the Jetway //

For the jetway at E67 there is no entry in the log file.

KSFO-G:
Jetway for G101 says its our of rotation range. Not sure what that means, but it should be able to dock it.
[JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEM:AI] (Static) Jetway Terminal G G101 Jetway Front: IK Solution found. Swapping to dynamic model...(AI: B773 B-16726)
[AI DETECTION] Jetway Terminal G G101 Jetway Front [470] selected for AI[85]=B773 B-16726
[AI DETECTION] Jetway Terminal G G101 Jetway Front cannot be docked to AI=B773 B-16726 [IKErrCode=4] [AI DETECTION] => IKErrCode as text: Aircraft Door out of Jetway Rotation Range //

Jetway for G99 says its too far away although its clearly easy in range.
[JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEM:AI] (Static) Jetway Terminal G G99 Jetway Front: IK Solution found. Swapping to dynamic model...(AI: B748 B-2480)
[AI DETECTION] (Static) Jetway Terminal G G99 Jetway Aft cannot be docked to AI=B748 B-2480 [IKErrCode=2] [AI DETECTION] => IKErrCode as text: Aircraft Door too far away for the Jetway //'

I checked all jetways which are not in the log file, if they are correctly assigned in the xml file for KSFO and yes - all are in there and assigned to the correct gate number which is used in the AFCAD file for this particular gate.

Attachments

• KSFO-C.jpg
    KSFO-C.jpg
    855.6 KB · Views: 914
  • KSFO-D1.jpg
    KSFO-D1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 818
  • KSFO-D2.jpg
    KSFO-D2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 797
  • KSFO-E.jpg
    KSFO-E.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 774
  • KSFO-G.jpg
    KSFO-G.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 893
  • SODE.txt
    4.5 MB · Views: 797
Last edited:
Country
germany
This is what happens at FlyTampa CYYZ now. Some jetways are docking to aircraft which are not directly near them. There are jetways in better range available, but other docking them. Although correctly assigned in the xml file. The jetways ignore that they are crashing into each other and also ignore, that there are aircraft parking at the gates they are assigned to.

Attachments

• CYYZ.jpg
    CYYZ.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 519
Country
switzerland
Thanks again for the extensive report.
It is indeed a problem of the jetway detection which I‘ve changed slightly to cover an edge-case.
Seems that it‘s gotten worse for regular cases though.

I‘ll try to fix this once I‘m back home in a couple of days...

Country
switzerland
Ok, the AI jetway detection code has not used any information about parking stand data like "GATE A 98" and such. It tried to detect the jetways using geo-location and using a sector left and in front of the aircraft.
Unfortunately, this crude search method returns also jetways that don't belong to the parking position and that's why lots of wrong selections are made when jetways are placed "around a corner" of a terminal. This code still comes from a very eraly version of SODE that hadn't used stand data at all.

I have now updated the detection code to use the parking stand data for AI aircraft directly retrieved from SimConnect. This should avoid wrong selections and only the jetways belonging to the parking position will be tested for docking.
Download the latest beta to try out.

Country
germany
Hi Jeffrey,

I tried your recent version but am unable to test anything. As soon as I start the sim at any SODE airport (tested FLightbeam KSFO and Imaginesim KATL) I get a sim crash whenever I turn my view to the terminal area. Uninstalling SODE fixes this crash.

However I also tried FlyTampas KBOS like before, there is no crash, but no single jetway in connecting to any aircraft - like before.

Really strange I must say.

Please instruct me what to test further to help you identify the problem.

Country
switzerland
Sorry to hear.

I was getting crashes as well since I tried to optimize AI jetway trigger timings. I was on the very safe side before. I've increased the delay between AI jetway triggers to some higher value again and hope those crashes don't occur. Most likely SimConnect was not able to fetch the data quickly enough and was reading garbage in the data area...
New beta uploaded [08MAY18], tested with KSFO, no crashes so far.

Country
germany
I got the exact opposite result as you got :cool:

Started at KSFO - instant CTD as soon as I look to the terminal from my runway starting point. Logfile attached.
Started at KMSP - no problems.
Started at CYYZ - no problems at the start, CTD while looking around the airport.
Started at KATL - which is really heavy populated with AI at nearly every gate - no problems.

I noticed a very high amount of connected jetways, way better than before you changed the code. Only a few ones are still not moving, mostly because of "too far away". My idea for a "fix" for this would be an option to force them to connect. Like the default jetways always connect to the door, no matter how far away it is, even if they are stretching so long they are hovering above the ground. You probably know how it looks like.

CYYZ is looking good now, no more crossing jetways. Altough I also got a CTD here. But not right at the start, but when slewing around the airport looking at all the gates. At their KBOS scenery I still cannot get any jetway to move, although they all show up properly. FlyTampa just recently added SODE to their sceneries and maybe they are not familiar enough yet.

Anyway, something is still affecting my KSFO, although its not that much AI aircraft as I have in KATL.

Attachments

• SODE_KSFO.txt
    654.5 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:
Country
switzerland
Thanks again for your valuable feedback. Clearly I need to investigate the reason for the CTDs. What AI Traffic are you using by the way? I'm testing with UTLive.

Regarding your idea for the "too far away" fix: Over-extending or forcing is not an option since the animation is fixed and can't go over the maximum defined keyframe/length. I'd rather have them not connect than have the jetways look faulty.

To rule out timing/access issues when triggering AI jetways in short succession, I modified the code to use more than one single data channel. Beta 09MAY18 has this built in to test.
I'm shooting in the dark here a bit since I can't reproduce the CTD anymore, but this timing/access problem is most likely the cause for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.