• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SODE V1.6.3 Open-Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
switzerland
New Beta uploaded right now.
This one contains a fix for an issue where the AI data collection loop would not continue to run due to wrong internal jetway counting (will solve the problem at FT KBOS).

Country
germany
I think that did the trick. No more CTD for me for half an hour testing. Good work! I will continue testing in the next days. And yes, KBOS is now looking way better than before, thanks for that!

I think the problem with too-far-away jetways is with the developers. Somehow it has to be communicated to them what causes this problem and how to fix it. As I said before, most of the jetways are in physically easy reachable range, so it's a coding / modelling thing. I believe you will issue some information anyway when the update is final and the multi-jetways are official.

Next issue I noticed are some jetways ignoring again that they are crossing each other. Most likely at gates with multi-jetways but an AI aircraft with only one exit, or only one exit in range. Whenever two doors get a jetway all is fine, but when only a forward door is coded (lets say at a 767) the aft jetway connects to this door and crosses the other one. Seen this at CYYZ and LOWW. I can make screenshots for you if you like.

Regarding my AI traffic, it's all manually collected and installed using mainly flightplans by Alpha India Group. I am part of that group from the beginning and we are focusing on AI traffic in the sim (but I guess you already noticed it ;) )

Last edited:
Country
france
hey @12bPilot
i have problem with sode in P3D v4
i can't open the control tab
can't engage jetways
all i can is reload and test that says no problem
PLZ help
( worked perefectly on v3 )

Country
germany
Jeffrey,

after some additional recent observations at the new RJBB scenery by BDO Aviation, which also features multi SODE jetways, I can indeed confirm my theory.

If there are multi jetways at a gate and an AI aircraft with only one exit, it's always the aft jetway which connects to this one door, mostly crossing the front one staying static.

Country
germany
Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your ongoing improvements in SODE. As an AI enthusiast the newest feature is highly appreciated.
So I installed the beta and tested Simwing's new Heathrow Professional, WF Scenery Studio's Beijing and FlyTampa's Toronto.

EGLL:
-virtually every multi-jetway layout let to crossings
-with just on exit the first (and not the second) jetway attached to the door
-at Terminal 3 the second jetway does not attach (maybe the distance is to far)

ZBAA:
-Terminal 3 is working perfectly
-at Terminal 2 a few jetways are crossing in each other (even though the same layout is working on the other end of the terminal)
-one jetway at Terminal 2 is not connecting at all (still the parking position in the AFCAD could be to close to the terminal)

CYYZ:
This puzzles me the most: Every jetway is aligned to the right exit but all jetways keep a distance (some 2-3 meters) to the door. CYYZ is the only airport were I have this strange anomaly.

Hope this helps you a bit and let me know if I can do any further testing for you.

Christoph

Attachments

• CYYZ-1.jpg
    CYYZ-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 544
  • EGLL-1.jpg
    EGLL-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 541
  • EGLL-2.jpg
    EGLL-2.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 547
  • EGLL-3.jpg
    EGLL-3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 556
  • EGLL-4.jpg
    EGLL-4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 496
  • ZBAA-1.jpg
    ZBAA-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 549
  • ZBAA-2.jpg
    ZBAA-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 532
  • ZBAA-3.jpg
    ZBAA-3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 467
  • CYYZ.txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 528
  • EGLL.txt
    4.3 MB · Views: 559
Country
germany
Thanks KampfHase!
Found it. It's hard sometimes to keep up with all the updates FlyTampa posts in various threads across their forum.

Country
switzerland
Thanks for both of your observations!
I have a clue what might be going on at EGLL. I'd need the controlling xml file for that to investigate. Would you be willing to send that one to me through PM?

Country
france
Hi
i tested 1.6.3 and i found that the jetways are not working with FSX
once i select the stand the model switch from static to the orighinal but without using teh initial state indicated in the XML file
i goes the maximum position
then when i select dock jetway the SODE thing that the jetway is moving so it tell me no more service available and it gives the choice to undock :/
in P3D v3 and V4 it works fine
hope you can fix this please :)

post update : i tested with 1.6.2 same problem even with SODE sample LSZG :|

Country
switzerland
Hi
i tested 1.6.3 and i found that the jetways are not working with FSX
once i select the stand the model switch from static to the orighinal but without using teh initial state indicated in the XML file
i goes the maximum position
then when i select dock jetway the SODE thing that the jetway is moving so it tell me no more service available and it gives the choice to undock :/
in P3D v3 and V4 it works fine
hope you can fix this please :)

post update : i tested with 1.6.2 same problem even with SODE sample LSZG :|

And you are sure you have advanced animations turned on in FSX graphics settings?

Country
france
Hi
I checked advanced animations
Buy now sometimes the jetway works for my aircraft not for the AI ( sode 1.6.3 ) and sometimes it's not working for both of us

Sent from my JIMMY using Tapatalk

Country
switzerland
Buy now sometimes the jetway works for my aircraft not for the AI ( sode 1.6.3 ) and sometimes it's not working for both of us
So the advanced animations was not checked before and this solved the maximum position issue? I'm just trying to follow up...because you say now it sometimes works, so there must have been a change on your side.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...could you please be more specific? What aircraft, what scenery, what parking position, post screenshots, post the SODE.log? It's not easy to troubleshoot without any useful information.
Most probably the reason is the way the jetway is designed (movement limitations). SODE will move the jetway when it is able to.

Country
france
By sometimes I mean same aircraft default 737 same parking position in my scenery and by times I mean when I restart fsx cause sode is craching when I reload many times
And 1.6.3 is not working with AI in FSX

Sent from my JIMMY using Tapatalk

Hi Jeffrey,
this is Lars from QualityWings. I hope I'm not hijacking this topic but some of our customers are experiencing issues where the jetways are placed too high on some airports (i.e. Flight Beam SFO, Aerosoft Milano, ImagineSim KATL,...) while on others (Drzewiecki KSEA) they connect just fine. This seems to happen with the current public version and also this beta.
Do you have any advice for me? Is this SODE related or do we do something wrong?

Thank you,
Lars

Country
switzerland
Hi Jeffrey,
this is Lars from QualityWings. I hope I'm not hijacking this topic but some of our customers are experiencing issues where the jetways are placed too high on some airports (i.e. Flight Beam SFO, Aerosoft Milano, ImagineSim KATL,...) while on others (Drzewiecki KSEA) they connect just fine. This seems to happen with the current public version and also this beta.
Do you have any advice for me? Is this SODE related or do we do something wrong?

Thank you,
Lars

Hey Lars,

SODE uses the exit location as defined in the aircraft.cfg. The location of that exit should be in the middle of the door frame.

Best regards

Country
france
hey @12bPilot
i wanted to add the SODE PAPI lights to my scenery and it works perfectelly but the problem is that the PAPI RED and white lihts are not seen from far distance like the default lights
hope you can fix it and thank you :)

Country
malaysia
Hi,

Any videos showing the correct way to dock and undock the autodocking system? I tried the way stated for the auto docking system as quoted below but it seems not functioning.
Manual: Via the SODE text-menu
This working.
Automatic: Based on aircraft state variables. For docking the parking brake must be set, all engines off and beacon off. For undocking, only the beacon needs to be turned on.
Not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.