[SOLVED] SODE Animations not working!

Probably the 19876th problem with SODE today! and it's getting rather frustrating!

I applied a SODE_1_4SEC animation to my hangar doors and they are not moving in FS. In fact, when I press tab+S to bring up the text menu it says there are no triggerable animations within 12km - Im standing right next to the bloody thing!

I am using 0-100 frames for my animation, which is also set in my modeldef with a lag of 25 to give 4 seconds...as described in the manual.

However, for what ever reason, SODE does not recognise my animation at all, it worked fine as an Ambient animation!

I have seen SODE can't animate multiple objects which leads me to think that maybe it's my doors. Here is a pic...
2018-10-25 19_45_37-Microsoft Flight Simulator X.png

That is with the ambient animation - so ignore that they are open now, however, there are 4 blocks (doors) which open, 2 slide in opposite directions. Because these are seperate objects (which is needed to animate the way I want them to) does this mean SODE is still seeing it as multiple animations?

In the game with the proper SODE_1_4SEC tagged animation.. the doors are shut.

Am I doing something wrong here or am I still missing/forgetting something?

Thanks

2018-10-25 22_35_22-ModelConverterX - egbg_t2_hangar.mdl - EGBG_T2_Hangar.png

2018-10-25 22_34_06-T2.max      - Project Folder_ C__Users_Darren_Documents_3dsmax      - Auto...png

2018-10-25 22_33_48-Microsoft Flight Simulator X.png

And my XML code is simply:

<SODE>
<SimObject Name="T2 Hangar">
<Placement Lat="52.6056768361" Lon="-1.036713039" Alt="0.0#AGL" Hdg="-41.5"/>
<Model SimTitle="EGBG_T2_Hangar"/>
<TriggerableAnimation Input="TextMenu" Action="Open,Close" StartKF="0" EndKF="100" Duration="4" IgnoreRadiusFilter="Yes"/>
</SimObject>
</SODE>

<SODE>
<TriggerableAnimation Input="TextMenu" Action="Open,Close" StartKF="0" EndKF="100" Duration="4" IgnoreRadiusFilter="Yes"/>

</SimObject>
</SODE>
Just a guess but perhaps you need closing xml tags?

</TriggerableAnimation>
</Model>

Any behavioural "tag" (like TriggerableAnimation) is a child of the Model tag -> https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=the-xml-definition-file/model

XML:
<SODE>
    <Model SimTitle="EGBG_T2_Hangar">
    </Model>
  </SimObject>
</SODE>

Any behavioural "tag" (like TriggerableAnimation) is a child of the Model tag -> https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=the-xml-definition-file/model

XML:
<SODE>
    <Model SimTitle="EGBG_T2_Hangar">
    </Model>
  </SimObject>
</SODE>

Any idea where I am going wrong, Jeffrey?
Will it be the fact the doors are there own individual mesh? (they share the same texture). In MCX Animation Editor, I see 4 instances of SODE_1_4SEC - which would make sense to me as the doors are separate objects....

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Any idea where I am going wrong, Jeffrey?
Will it be the fact the doors are there own individual mesh? (they share the same texture). In MCX Animation Editor, I see 4 instances of SODE_1_4SEC - which would make sense to me as the doors are separate objects....
He just told you it's jus a syntax error in your xml code

<SODE>
</Model>
</SimObject>
</SODE>

2018-10-28 18_51_55-sim.cfg - Notepad.png

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Now you closed the model twice now. Once in the model opening tag and the second in the closing tag.
You need to remove the '/' in the first one, so it says:

"<Model SimTitle="EGBG_T2_Hangar">"

Then it should work

Now you closed the model twice now. Once in the model opening tag and the second in the closing tag.
You need to remove the '/' in the first one, so it says:

"<Model SimTitle="EGBG_T2_Hangar">"

Then it should work

Ahh mate... I can not thank you enough, it works!

Personal de-brief, I did use SODEPlacer to place the model and added in the triggerable animation line - so I completely forgot to add the </Model> closing tag and the stray / I perhaps would have never figured out so again, thank you so so much!