• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 [SOLVED] Weird Bitmap Troubles

Messages
260
Country
us-kentucky
Hello all,

Taking a break from the 747 autopilot, I've ran across a strange issue.

I have a DME indicator that I have created using bitmaps for the individual digits (couldn't find a good font to use that matched the real thing...). It sits right next to the (unfinished) HSI.

Any time the HSI compass moves, part of my DME 2 indicator either displays janky bitmaps or is just cut off entirely. I have confirmed that the HSI is responsible because the DME indicator does not display this behavior without it present. It is as if the actual boundary of the HSI gauge is extending well to the left of where the gauge should actually end...

Screenshot attached. I have tried sizing the HSI bitmaps down considerably and specifying a draworder in the cfg. None helped.

Any ideas?

1600312424227.png
 
Last edited:
You've already done the things I know about...

Try reversing the draworder list?
 
You've already done the things I know about...

Try reversing the draworder list?

Unfortunately no result there either.

I have tried both of the following:
draworder00=gauge52,gauge43 and
draworder00=gauge43,gauge52

The DME gauge is gauge 43 and the HSI is gauge 52.

I usually get results that look something like this now, where the display shows correctly for one update cycle and then parts of the bitmap disappear:

help.png


Checking FS panel studio confirms the gauge boundaries:

1600357290591.png
 
An update.

Turns out the HSI is actually not responsible (despite my testing last night). The ADI gauge is the problem. Any time the "ladder" portion of the bitmap on the ADI ball intersects with the DME gauge or the nearby radar altimeter, it causes them both to stop updating, even though that portion of the ladder bitmap is not visible due to the ADI mask I have employed.

Specifying draw orders does NOT fix this issue either.

I have included a visual to illustrate what appears to be happening. Even though the ladder bitmap is concealed by a mask, the actual bitmap (outlined in red) causes problems on nearby gauges.

As you can see below, the numbers on the DME gauge and the needle on the Radar Altimeter are getting cut off and skewed when the ADI ladder intersects them.

1600359875570.png
 
False alarm... :banghead:

Turns out I forgot the underscore in draworder=

It should be

draw_order=

All seems to work well now! :rotfl: Oh how we live and learn
 
Back
Top