• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Something interesting with wind direction

Messages
875
Country
us-ohio
I am not sure where this should go, so forgive me if there is a better place for it.

I found something interesting while testing my airport. I set the wind to 242 at 10. ATC decided to use the correct rwy for this (rwy 22.) However, when I look at the windsocks that I have around the airport, they are all backwards!!!! If you were to look at them, you would think that rwy 4 was in use. If I change the wind to say 078, the windsocks turn around, making you think rwy 22 is in use.

has anyone else noticed this? Not a huge deal..but then again....

- Greg
 
Just for clarification. The windoscks always point in teh direction from where the wind comes from. So if the wind come from 200°, the socks point to 20°. This is because you always need to take off and land with headwind ...
 
However, if you do NOT set the windsock direction when you place it to 360 or 000 then it will NOT point the correct direction in FS. Set the direction of your socks to 180 and they will point opposite of the wind. I know, I watched them do this as I never thought to look at the direction of the pole in fs until Jim mentioned it.

He told me to pt them at 180, but in fact, they WERE at 180. Thus, my problem.

- Greg
 
Back
Top