• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS SU6 Bgl Format Changes

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
SU6 has changed the format and attributes of aprons, parking spots and approaches. Asobo has recompiled all the stock airports (as far as I can tell) to reflect the updated format. As a result ADE will not show aprons when loading a MSFS stock airport. The decompiler needs up dating. Patrick Germain has kindly offered help and has updated his own code as used in his BglViewer and Airport2Project tools. At the same time he has provided me with a way to use the updated decompiler in ADE.

It will take a little time for me to integrate his decompiler and make changes needed to handle the new attributes. I hope to get this done in the coming few days.

I thank you for your patience and thank Patrick for his help

Country
newzealand
Thanks great to hear
I also see Asobo are changing the LOD limits on models as well
Quote:

In order to make the sim work properly on Xbox, we need to optimize the performances, and thus, track down the performance-eating items displayed on screen. Among those are the LODs with an excessive amount of vertex. On SU6 we will offer 2 ways to identify them specifically in your projects, either by enabling the "Display LOD limits" or with the Statistic Profiler tool. For now it's just about identifying them in your projects, to help you correct that (create LODs with less vertex).

In a further update, in 2022, we will reach step 2, and those objects won't be displayed in the sim anymore. But that leaves you several months to edit your packages - if needed! maybe your LODs are already managed within the acceptable limits- and anticipate this change.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Very hard to create tools or content when the game itself is constantly changing. I'm guessing commercial developers are having fits updating their products for each new sim update.

Country
australia
SU6 has also affected how the 'roughness' value in the materials for a model is used.

Country
unitedkingdom
I've now successfully got the new format procedures decoding in msfsbglxml, albeit with a few new values to figure out. I'll also be looking at other changes and getting msfsbglxml and bgllib updated.

As part of this work I'll get to updating the Wiki with the updated information.