• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Takeoff Direction

Country
us-florida
ATC directs aircraft to takeoff downwind at one of the airports I updated with ADE version 17. This does not occur using the default airport, so I assume something I did with ADE is causing the problem. I continue to use alpha 17 for this airport due to objects appearing backwards in alpha 18. I tried swapping the primary runway designation and rotating the runway 180 degrees, but that did not resolve the issue. I then loaded it into alpha 18 and compiled and that did not resolve the issue. There are other airports I updated using both versions of ADE that do not have this issue. Any idea what could be done using ADE to cause the problem?

Country
us-florida
I think I can verify that it is not an issue that was cured by the alpha 18 update because it appears to have been cured before alpha 17. The airports where I have identified the takeoff direction problem were started with alpha 12. I completed airports prior to alpha 17 and after alpha 12 that do not have the problem, and it appears that I can restart the problem airports with the latest alpha without encountering the problem.

The issue about fixing my problem is, can I make some change to the existing files for the problem airports, or do I have to start over from scratch with the default airports using the latest alpha?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think I can verify that it is not an issue that was cured by the alpha 18 update because it appears to have been cured before alpha 17. The airports where I have identified the takeoff direction problem were started with alpha 12. I completed airports prior to alpha 17 and after alpha 12 that do not have the problem, and it appears that I can restart the problem airports with the latest alpha without encountering the problem.

The issue about fixing my problem is, can I make some change to the existing files for the problem airports, or do I have to start over from scratch with the default airports using the latest alpha?
I assume you can change your files. I have no idea why this is occurring - perhaps someone else has a better idea. A hotfix sorted out the object orientation in Alpha 18

Country
us-florida
I assume you can change your files. I have no idea why this is occurring - perhaps someone else has a better idea. A hotfix sorted out the object orientation in Alpha 18
Not "occurring", more like it "occurred" at some point during development. I'm continuing efforts to salvage what I did at that point, just thought you might have knowledge on how it might have occurred. At this point I can only verify that I have seen no occurrence of wrong direction takeoffs with airport projects started with alpha 17 or 18 and maybe earlier versions.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not "occurring", more like it "occurred" at some point during development. I'm continuing efforts to salvage what I did at that point, just thought you might have knowledge on how it might have occurred. At this point I can only verify that I have seen no occurrence of wrong direction takeoffs with airport projects started with alpha 17 or 18 and maybe earlier versions.

OK Thanks

Country
us-florida
I can't begin to appear that I know anything about how all this works, but I am now thinking that the wrong direction problem never had anything to do with ADE during early development. Rather, I suppose it was a problem with default airport files early-on. Asobo must have made corrections, but the earlier airports updated with ADE continue to contain the problem.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I can't begin to appear that I know anything about how all this works, but I am now thinking that the wrong direction problem never had anything to do with ADE during early development. Rather, I suppose it was a problem with default airport files early-on. Asobo must have made corrections, but the earlier airports updated with ADE continue to contain the problem.

Well they certainly have updated base airports several times