FS2004 Taxi Light Attach Points?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

When I Import an FS2004 model with working landing and taxi lights, the landing lights are present as attachpoints with axes. But the taxi light location(s) do not include attachpoints, and I have to create new ones from scratch. Is there a way to keep those when Importing into MCX? BTW, there is a taxi light lens created (?) at that location with a Mouse Rectangle using switch_taxi_light, but this does not shine on the ground.

Thanks,

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Do you have an idea how they are stored in the mdl file? If it is similar for the landing lights it should be possible to keep them.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

No, I don't know how they are stored. I could create a simple FS2004 MDL file with a box and a taxi light?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
That would be helpful, then I can see how they are stored and why they don't show up.

tgibson

Resource contributor
OK, here is an untextured box with one taxi light. I tested it and it works in FS2004 with the taxi light switch. When imported into MCX, there is no attachpoint or other taxi light related object.

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

If I set the value of the g_lightState variable to 8 I get 4 lights from the model.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I need to check what those different light state values mean. Maybe they can be combined, like using 12 or so.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hah! I was just typing something similar. If not can you give the importer more than one value, something like 4,8?

tgibson

Resource contributor
And yes, 12 gives both landing and taxi lights - good thinking! Can we make 12 the new default variable for the Set Conditions box?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

Thanks, works fine.

I have found two more variables that need a default value in the Set Conditions box to avoid them disappearing upon MCX Import.

l_spoiler_key: 100
r_spoiler_key: 100

These are currently set at 0 and thus the spoilers will not appear when loaded into MCX.

Hope this helps,

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK, I have changed the default value of these two as well now.