FS2004 TCAS freeze

Hello Everybody,

This is for FS9. Regarding either Arne Bartel's original TrafficRadar.dll or Doug Dawson's revised TrafficRadar.dll

I have always found the tcas to freeze once or twice ....or thrice throughout my flight. (I can unfreeze it by clicking a 'reload panels' gauge).

Was this bug ever solved ..... maybe I do not have the latest version?

Regards

Ed

I have no idea where I got it, I believe with Minipanel v3, but I may be wrong, but the version of the TCAS DLL module I have is TCAS2v7.DLL. I can try and dig up my source, but I can't promise anything. You'd probably do better to try a Google search...
Pat☺

I remember Doug fixed this bug for the FSX version and it is on his website as well, but I can recall having seen any fix for the FS9 version you are looking for.
Adino

ddawson

Resource contributor
If I fixed anything with the version I compiled, it was completely by accident. I really did just take Arne's code and add the required elements to get FSX to load the dll.
Ed, I know this isn't what you're going to want to hear, but if it is for FS9, I'm just not going there any more.

If I fixed anything with the version I compiled, it was completely by accident. I really did just take Arne's code and add the required elements to get FSX to load the dll.
Ed, I know this isn't what you're going to want to hear, but if it is for FS9, I'm just not going there any more.
Not a problem Doug. Thank you for your reply.

Regards

Ed

If I remember right there was a problem with a check based on TICK18, I think a rollover. TICK18 was UINT16 in FS9 = max. 65535, so if the TCAS freezes after 1 hour that could be the cause.

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
It's not that. From sd2gau:-

'The official SDK shows the TICK18 general purpose timer as being a UINT16 i.e. it will rollover at 65535 (a little over an hour). According to sources within the ACES team the SDK is incorrect and the TICK18 timer has been a 32-bit integer for at least the last three versions of FS. This means that its rollover period is in excess of 7.5 years.'

At the time I first wrote that, 'the last three versions' included FS2K, FS2K2 and FS2K4.