• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Test your pilot merit! Free MSFS 2020 Mission available here.

Country
unitedstates
Good morning MSFS 2020 Community. I have begun development of what I believe to be an exceptional add on application for MSFS2020. I can't offer up too many details at this point, but I wanted to give you a sample of some of the capabilities that are already present. The software available in this thread is in DEVELOPMENT, so I expect some bugs but would greatly appreciate your help in getting is polished.

Simply unzip the file below and run the EXE while you have MSFS 2020 running. Then, see if you have the pilot skills necessary to complete the mission.

Consider this thread an open invitation to discuss issues, tweaks, ideas, whatever you think would make this product better. I look forward to your input and thank you for time!

P.S. This application was built on .NET framework 4.7.2. I didn't include the runtime-libraries in the ZIP, so you may have to download them from MS:

ScreenShot:
blackBoxScreenShot.PNG
blackBoxScreenshotCompleted.PNG

-jpdise

Attachments

• BlackBoxRelease.zip
    338.2 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
if you find some entertainment in the mission format I've created, feel free to recommend some mission ideas in this thread and I can likely generate them for you to try out.

Well that was interesting. I got all the way up to landing but never got KCXO in sight completed. I don't think it's the code though because as you can see from the screenshot KCXO is missing!

KCXO_missing.png

WOW! That is unique! I've never seen that before lol! If you enjoyed the little teaser program, you can sign up to alpha test my new iteration if you like!

OOPs my bad.. I must have ticked something in Debug settings. It's back now. I would indeed like to alpha test the latest version.

My only feedback right now is that if it could take the cruise altitude from the Nav log that would be great. I set it to 2500 in the Nav Log but the mission was asking for 4000

Thanks

jpdise I'd like to be a tester for your project and I have a simple addon that I'd like you to try out. Thanks for all the information and code you've provided, helped me a lot.

Last edited:
ty for developing this program....just a query, are e able to insert our own missions via XML or some other way, or is that proprietary>>??
I havent found any issues thus far....but i will play around with it some more

Back