jtanabodee
Resource contributor
- Messages
- 3,924
- Country

Nice! Thanks for the tip. I know that I can do UVW mapping without texture but I failed to do that in complex structure.You know you can do the UVW mapping without any texture at all?
For your rail? I would open the UVWUnwrap editor, choose Flatten at default 45 degress, normalize off, and see what comes out. If it is too fragmented I'd increase the degrees setting.
After doing this to say 10 objects, I'd select them all, throw on another UVWUnwrap modifier, edit, and move the "elements" around until they are well proportioned and scaled etc. Then > Tools > Render UVW Map > save to disk. That's your texture template showing the mesh. Save it as the topmost layer in Photoshop. Set opacity to 50%, and you're fine to proceed from there. Your baked textures will fit template and model perfectly.
As I said I'm not the best man here, but no one started this "Texture Baking" thread before. I'll do as you said and try to improve my tutorial later.
Any more suggestions about lighting?