P3D v4 Texture position error

Hi.
I think there is not enough explanation for what I wrote last time.
First is some texture position is different with sketchup.
0929154241.png

0929154457.png

0929154255.png

0929154443.png

You can see some faces? are different position with sketchup.

Second is some texture is move left right a little bit alone.
It is like earthquake is hit the building.
And it doesn't look fixed.
How can i solve it?

Hello:

Please:

1.) Export your Sketchup 3D model to a Google Earth KMZ file

2.) Archive that KMZ inside a ZIP file

3.) Attach- or link to- the resulting ZIP in another post here in this thread.

I believe that we might then be better able to help you. ;-)

GaryGB

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Gary...

Why have him do all that when he could just zip up the skp file and textures? much easier.

He said in the original post: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/building-texture-problem.443726/.

@yh11216

I was unfortunately unable to get back to his problem... Sorry about that!

What version of SketchUp are you using (hopefully not the latest version)?

It seems that you could be working with multiple files of the same model. Also,... when texturing,... make sure you have some of the texture overhanging just enough so it overlaps on all sides. Otherwise you might get flickering along the edges of the different textures. Also... How are you converting the textures? What is being used? Are they being Flipped Horizontal when converting the textures in their completed form (.dds).

Give us,... a step by step list of how you are converting the model and textures you are using (the textures upon converting the model to a dae file), they are the .jpg files. Are the jpg files used at all?

Last edited:
Gary...

Why have him do all that when he could just zip up the skp file and textures? much easier.

He said in the original post: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/building-texture-problem.443726/.

@yh11216

I was unfortunately unable to get back to his problem... Sorry about that!

What version of SketchUp are you using (hopefully not the latest version)?

It seems that you could be working with multiple files of the same model. Also,... when texturing,... make sure you have some of the texture overhanging just enough so it overlaps on all sides. Otherwise you might get flickering along the edges of the different textures. Also... How are you converting the textures? What is being used? Are they being Flipped Horizontal when converting the textures in their completed form (.dds).

Give us,... a step by step list of how you are converting the model and textures you are using (the textures upon converting the model to a dae file), they are the .jpg files. Are the jpg files used at all?
When i mapping it, first is converting DAE file to BGL.(MCX show me same texture position problem)
Then change the DDS file what i made in photoshop.
Some faces are perfectly working.
I think it is sketchup problem.
Could it be the size is cause of the problem?
That object is pretty big size.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/texture-position-error.443732/post-807154

Gary...

Doug:

I have several specific reasons for asserting to the OP that after he / she has made the 3D model in question available for examination in a *.KMZ export file format, "we might then be better able to help you".

I posted that as direct reply to the OP in this < NEW ! > thread, and I do not intend to engage in a side dialogue with you on the whys and wherefores of my post(s) ...or the rationale for their content.

We have already had to address this issue subsequent to a PM you sent some time ago; don't start doing this again !

Although you did pose your 'comment' as a "question" above, I'll ask that you please refrain from placing an inferred negative value judgement on my posted content as I believe you did above, by countering that a *.SKP export would be "easier" than export of a KMZ; IMO, that was not clearly stated as your own personal opinion or belief.

I believe that if you study KMZ exports, you will be better able to acknowledge that a KMZ exported by any Sketchup version contains all the same information (including Geo-location, texture files and texture mapping data) as a Sketchup version-specific and proprietarily formatted *.SKP file.

A Sketchup KMZ export also requires less steps, and can be immediately evaluated in Google Earth, Global Mapper, and ModelConverterX independent of an intermediate Sketchup load and export via either a *.KMZ, Collada *.DAE, *.FBX or other 3D file format ...otherwise required to allow import to ModelConverterX.

I stand by my assertion that if the OP makes a KMZ available of his / her 3D model, we may be better able to help.

GaryGB

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Doug is abundantly correct on this one, this is not a Sketchup forum and we all know this. This is a developers forum and this developer has chosen his path. Given that there are easily one billion factors through which we may be better able to help, the responsibility is on us is to not take ownership of his project. In order to support developers, we must do so. If his chosen path is not appropriate, we need to explain in detail why and what alternatives to follow. In order to do that, we must examine his work, his procedures, in a way he sees fit to share. An allegory is to have come to a doctor for advice about a discomfort, only to be told one must run a battery of intrusive tests before anything can be determined, while it may very well be indigestion.

The answer is quite simple and basic and will reveal itself in due time, or as soon as Doug has access to the file. The op is correct in his intuition that it is a Sketchup problem and there is nothing to be gained by viewing the model in Google Earth, MCX or anywhere else mentioned, except possibly to validate the advice. Apologetically, I can't be more specific, I have definitely encountered the issue in my many explorations with all versions of Sketchup, I don't remember the exact cause and can't specify a solution. If the op does not want to upload his model, I endorse his self determination and can offer a few suggestions. It is almost certainly an issue related to texture, you need to review your texture mapping procedures.
The suggestion that it is caused by model size is because of a previous issue with software that edited your model unintentionally, that does not edit smaller models in this way. That software was the Ground Polygon Wizard and that solution does not apply here. You appear to be using multiple textures, which could lead to issues. Sketchup in particular is very accomodating for importing image sources to use for textures and this can cause trouble for those unready for it. It is a good idea to export all these textures from Sketchup, examine their format and make them all match. replacing textures in an active Sketchup file is very easy to do and if you haven't done so, I recommend you familiarize yourself with the procedure.
I am guessing that the problem is as simple as having a .png format image file, mixed in with other .jpg's. Now this is only a guess, but it does seem familiar and it is something that Doug would recognize immediately if you let him examine the file, as would Gary, if he could bring himself to follow your path.

Doug:

I have several specific reasons for asserting to the OP that after he / she has made the 3D model in question available for examination in a *.KMZ export file format, "we might then be better able to help you".

I posted that as direct reply to the OP in this < NEW ! > thread, and I do not intend to engage in a side dialogue with you on the whys and wherefores of my post(s) ...or the rationale for their content.

We have already had to address this issue subsequent to a PM you sent some time ago; don't start doing this again !

Although you did pose your 'comment' as a "question" above, I'll ask that you please refrain from placing an inferred negative value judgement on my posted content as I believe you did above, by countering that a *.SKP export would be "easier" than export of a KMZ; IMO, that was not clearly stated as your own personal opinion or belief.

I believe that if you study KMZ exports, you will be better able to acknowledge that a KMZ exported by any Sketchup version contains all the same information (including Geo-location, texture files and texture mapping data) as a Sketchup version-specific and proprietarily formatted *.SKP file.

A Sketchup KMZ export also requires less steps, and can be immediately evaluated in Google Earth, Global Mapper, and ModelConverterX independent of an intermediate Sketchup load and export via either a *.KMZ, Collada *.DAE, *.FBX or other 3D file format ...otherwise required to allow import to ModelConverterX.

I stand by my assertion that if the OP makes a KMZ available of his / her 3D model, we may be better able to help.

GaryGB
Doug is abundantly correct on this one, this is not a Sketchup forum and we all know this. This is a developers forum and this developer has chosen his path. Given that there are easily one billion factors through which we may be better able to help, the responsibility is on us is to not take ownership of his project. In order to support developers, we must do so. If his chosen path is not appropriate, we need to explain in detail why and what alternatives to follow. In order to do that, we must examine his work, his procedures, in a way he sees fit to share. An allegory is to have come to a doctor for advice about a discomfort, only to be told one must run a battery of intrusive tests before anything can be determined, while it may very well be indigestion.

The answer is quite simple and basic and will reveal itself in due time, or as soon as Doug has access to the file. The op is correct in his intuition that it is a Sketchup problem and there is nothing to be gained by viewing the model in Google Earth, MCX or anywhere else mentioned, except possibly to validate the advice. Apologetically, I can't be more specific, I have definitely encountered the issue in my many explorations with all versions of Sketchup, I don't remember the exact cause and can't specify a solution. If the op does not want to upload his model, I endorse his self determination and can offer a few suggestions. It is almost certainly an issue related to texture, you need to review your texture mapping procedures.
The suggestion that it is caused by model size is because of a previous issue with software that edited your model unintentionally, that does not edit smaller models in this way. That software was the Ground Polygon Wizard and that solution does not apply here. You appear to be using multiple textures, which could lead to issues. Sketchup in particular is very accomodating for importing image sources to use for textures and this can cause trouble for those unready for it. It is a good idea to export all these textures from Sketchup, examine their format and make them all match. replacing textures in an active Sketchup file is very easy to do and if you haven't done so, I recommend you familiarize yourself with the procedure.
I am guessing that the problem is as simple as having a .png format image file, mixed in with other .jpg's. Now this is only a guess, but it does seem familiar and it is something that Doug would recognize immediately if you let him examine the file, as would Gary, if he could bring himself to follow your path.
Thank you for your help guys!!
But this model is for commercial so i can't give this model to someone. TT
I'm trying to move the position but in MCX, i can't see texture is moving.
I think some faces in trouble are have fixed texture position.
So i'm trying to erase the weird texture face and remapping face.
And that face is perfectly working!
I think it is not a problem of the converting texture.
I can see same problem when open original DAE file.
I will try to find out when this problem is came out so.. if you guys know how to fix it.. pls reply!
And it is not a urgent metter so.. if i reallllly need to solve this problem, ill send this file to doug and gary!!