• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Texture strange problem

Country
ca-quebec
Hi,

I have a problem with an old (2 years) scenery.

I reloaded the scenery and some textures are missing in FSX. But they are present in the texture folder and I see them in FSDS 3D window, in ModelXConverter 3D preview and in DXTBMP. No night version.

However, I have this message in ModelXConverter Event log for these textures :
ObjectRenderer Failed to load textures : texturename.bmp

"Failed to load texture" but I see them! Some explanations please.

Thanks.

Country
ca-quebec
I found that a same library is in two different sceneries. I desactivated one scenery and all the textures became OK in the problematic one. I continue investigation...

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Yep, that can be a big problem when scenery authors include 3rd party library BGL files (and worse, only some of the textures) in their own scenery folders...

Country
ca-quebec
Yes, in fact the scenery where the "bad" library was is a development one...

Country
ca-quebec
New occurence of this problem... two years later (like my other post!).

I unfortunatly save a texture file in a wrong directory. I realize my error for the next texture so I correct the path. But for the first file, the path remain unchanged. No matter what I do FSDS keeped the wrong path, and after the path correction for the second file, impossible to retrace the wrong path.

So, the only way to solve the problem is to find where is the first misplaced texture and delete it. Then FSDS switch automatically to the wright path.

Hope it can help someone!

Country
ca-quebec
The return of the...

Same problem again. Night texture wont appear in FSX even it is present in texture folder and visible in FSDS and MCX.

I temporarely switch to DX10 mode and it displays! But never in DX9 mode...

A clue for someone?

Country
ca-quebec
Hi,

I have a missing texture in MCX, but I cannot find on what part it is mapped. I look in FSDS but no part have this texture...

Is it possible to find on what part the missing texture is mapped?

Thanks.

EDIT : the texture is mapped on some polygons of one part so I have to switch to polygon mode to see it! But my question remains.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
In MCX if you click on one texture in the Material Editor you can then check the box at the top of the editor to turn all parts red that use that material.

Country
us-washington
tgib is right. And- do you have a night texture? Is the orig texture tagged in FSDS with .N???? If so of course make an _LM copy of orig.