Textures don't show up

I have two textures for a static jetway made in sketchup. I made sure that everything was converted into the right format and size but when I run FSX only one of the textures show up. The other is not read. I imported the problematic bgl that's read by the sim into model converter x and it shows both textures correctly. Don't know what it might be. My guess is that it has something to do with the texture file itself rather than something else not reading it but that's just my guess.

UPDATE: I had the broken texture spot in the bgl read the texture that was working fine and it wouldn't show up. Basically I think it has something to do with the bgl file now and not the actual texture. However I still can't seem to fix this :(
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ac19fddb-1f2d-492c-beb4-96c1e519d770/YYC-Jetways-AB

Could exclusion boxes lead to problems with only certain textures displaying? Any other possibilities?

Last edited:
Solution: I found out the object was probably just too large to load (the actual 3D model that is) and I split it up into two separate files. Now it loads but occasionally the textures go missing for a few seconds. I believe that mainly one texture only was affected because that was the texture I used to texture the most triangle-heavy parts of the model.

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Jason. the jetways produced for 3d work i.e. not necessarily flight sim are very memory greedy.
Its great having all the attributes of the Jetway like the wiring, hydraulics and the stairs but you have to balance what looks real with what machine capable. In EGLL Im pulling together Ive opted for the FSX jetways off jetway blocks and reduced the HSBC jetways tunnels in their poly count - its all a learning curve

Attachments

Jason. the jetways produced for 3d work i.e. not necessarily flight sim are very memory greedy.
Its great having all the attributes of the Jetway like the wiring, hydraulics and the stairs but you have to balance what looks real with what machine capable. In EGLL Im pulling together Ive opted for the FSX jetways off jetway blocks and reduced the HSBC jetways tunnels in their poly count - its all a learning curve
Thanks for letting me know. I think the main culprit in my model was probably the yellow pipe running from the air conditioning unit so I've made it look a bit...chunky. Saved about 10,000 triangles which says something about the previous model.

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
yep! probably was. I have in the past taken a master model and checked for size then removed candy to bring it back to a reasonable level - changing a "pipe" from tube to a cube if you really need that effect is better i.e. On buildings you'll see air con ducts which are tubular, if you can get away for distance with a picture and then use cubes with faces that are hidden removed it does bring down the count if you need that level of detail.