• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS The port of Hamburg in MSFS

Country
germany
The port of Hamburg in MSFS - actually the port looks quite nice in the sim. Most of the buildings on the north shore are correct and have been created by the AI quite respectable.

Only all the objects that are in the water like pontoons, the docks of Blohm & Voss, the landing bridges and much more, are often only available as fragments or look very unattractive. Therefore, I thought I would take on this problem.

The first pictures of the tourist part of the port in MSFS now here:

Here the new Elbe promenade, (which will be named "Jan Feddern Promenade" in the fall after the late Hamburg actor) with the Überseebrücke and the Cap San Diego. Behind it the marina.

Bild1-Promenade_Ueberseebruecke_Tag.JPG

Bild2-Promenade_Ueberseebruecke_Nacht.JPG
Bild2-Promenade_Ueberseebruecke_Nacht.JPG

The two Stage Theaters in the harbor:

Bild3-Stage-Theater_Tag.JPG

Bild3-Stage-Theater_Tag.JPG

Bild4-Stage-Theater_Nacht.JPG

Bild4-Stage-Theater_Nacht.JPG

The two Blohm & Voss docks, where Dock 10 already has its transparent roof, currently under construction.

Bild5-BV_Dock10-11_Tag.JPG
Bild5-BV_Dock10-11_Tag.JPG

Bild6-BV_Dock10-11_Nacht.JPG

Bild6-BV_Dock10-11_Nacht.JPG

More pictures about the state of completion will follow soon!

Last edited:
Country
germany
And it continues with the port of Hamburg in MSFS!

In the meantime, all piers from "Altona" to "Teufelsbrück" on the north and south shore have been inserted and equipped with night lighting.

Here are 4 pictures exemplary for all piers.

Bild9_Anleger_Altona_U434_Tag.JPG

Bild10_Anleger_Altona_U434_Nacht.JPG

Bild11_Faehranleger_Altona_Tag.JPG

Bild12_Faehranleger_Altona_Nacht.JPG

I have also already finished the "Tollerort" container terminal. It is one of the "smaller" terminals and I can now already show some pictures.

Bild14_Terminal_Tollerort_Trailerpark_Tag.JPG

Bild15_Terminal_Tollerort_Trailerpark_Nacht.JPG

Bild16_Terminal_Tollerort_Container-Vans_Tag.JPG

Bild17_Terminal_Tollerort_Container-Vans_Nacht.JPG

Bild18_Terminal_Tollerort_Schiffsverladung_Tag.JPG

Bild19_Terminal_Tollerort_Schiffsverladung_Nacht.JPG

Bild20_Terminal_Tollerort_Ueberblick_Tag.JPG

Bild21_Terminal_Tollerort_Ueberblick_Nacht.JPG

Next up is the "Altenwerder" terminal. This is also one of the smaller container terminals. Then it's on to the massive "Burchard-Kai-Terminal".
Pictures will follow shortly!

Country
germany
Yes, I know the scenery from Tribalowski.
But both sceneries are completely different in terms of design.

The SimDocks scenery is handmade and much more extensive, because it includes both the south shore with the container terminals and also the north shore with the tourist / urban area.

All objects/models were recreated by hand as close to reality as possible.

Country
denmark
And it continues with the port of Hamburg in MSFS!

In the meantime, all piers from "Altona" to "Teufelsbrück" on the north and south shore have been inserted and equipped with night lighting.

Here are 4 pictures exemplary for all piers.

Bild9_Anleger_Altona_U434_Tag.JPG

Bild10_Anleger_Altona_U434_Nacht.JPG

Bild11_Faehranleger_Altona_Tag.JPG

Bild12_Faehranleger_Altona_Nacht.JPG

I have also already finished the "Tollerort" container terminal. It is one of the "smaller" terminals and I can now already show some pictures.

Bild14_Terminal_Tollerort_Trailerpark_Tag.JPG

Bild15_Terminal_Tollerort_Trailerpark_Nacht.JPG

Bild16_Terminal_Tollerort_Container-Vans_Tag.JPG

Bild17_Terminal_Tollerort_Container-Vans_Nacht.JPG

Bild18_Terminal_Tollerort_Schiffsverladung_Tag.JPG

Bild19_Terminal_Tollerort_Schiffsverladung_Nacht.JPG

Bild20_Terminal_Tollerort_Ueberblick_Tag.JPG

Bild21_Terminal_Tollerort_Ueberblick_Nacht.JPG

Next up is the "Altenwerder" terminal. This is also one of the smaller container terminals. Then it's on to the massive "Burchard-Kai-Terminal".
Pictures will follow shortly!
Looking just fantastic!!!!

Country
germany
The container trains and the rail loading cranes are now also placed in the "Tollerort terminal"

The "Altenwerder terminal" is also slowly emerging. The container blocks are installed, as well as the container bridges for the ship loading. The cranes on the container blocks, the freight trains and all the little details that will be installed in the next few days are still missing here.

Bild22_Terminal_Tollerort_Gueterzug_Tag.JPG

Bild23_Terminal_Tollerort_Portalkran_Nacht.JPG

Bild24_Terminal_Altenwerder_Uebersicht1_Tag.JPG

Country
germany
Now the second container terminal "Altenwerder" is completed.
Although the terminals "Tollerort" and "Altenwerder" are the two small terminals, thousands of objects have already been created by hand and also placed by hand. Slowly I dream at night already of containers, container trucks, container forklifts.....

Actually, this project is much too extensive and too big for a "one man show".
Therefore, I am also very grateful that Henrik Nielsen (KL791) allowed me to use some of his large container ships from the "Global AI Ship Traffic" in this project as static ships at the piers of the terminals. Otherwise I would have had to build them as well.

But Henrik's ships will not only liven up the port of Hamburg statically, but also on the move. More about this in the coming weeks.

Here are the first pictures from "Altenwerder":

First, an overview of the terminal by day and by night:

Bild25_Terminal_Altenwerder_Uebersicht_Sueden_Tag.JPG

Bild26_Terminal_Altenwerder_Uebersicht_Sueden_Nacht.JPG

The 3 ships at the rear pier are static, the front area of the pier remains free for moving ships. The two large container freighters are from Henrik, the smaller one in the foreground is one of my own ships.

Bild27_Terminal_Altenwerder_3_Schiffe_Nacht.JPG

Even though the terminal is not the largest, it can accommodate thousands of containers. Container....Container........................and container cranes.

Bild28_Terminal_Altenwerder_Tausende_Container_Tag.JPG

So many containers can effectively only be transported by rail. Therefore, there are of course the large gantry cranes of rail loading and kilometer-long trains with containers.

Bild29_Terminal_Altenwerder_Bahnverladung_Tag.JPG

Right next to the terminal is an industrial area. Again, all objects (except the buildings) and vegetation were built/placed by hand.
The next 5 pictures show different views of the industrial area during the day:

Bild30_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie1_Tag.JPG

Bild30_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie2_Tag.JPG

Bild31_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie3_Tag.JPG

Bild32_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie4_Tag.JPG

Bild33_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie5_Tag.JPG

A container sorting crane in close-up view:

Bild34_Terminal_Altenwerder_Container_Bruecke_Tag.JPG

Road traffic in the industrial area during the day and at night (static and moving).

Bild36_Terminal_Altenwerder_Strassenverkehr_Tag.JPG

Bild35_Terminal_Altenwerder_Strassenverkehr_Nacht.JPG

Night in the industrial area:

Bild37_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie1_Nacht.JPG

Bild38_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie2_Nacht.JPG

Night shift at the port:

Bild39_Terminal_Altenwerder_Hafenarbeit_Nacht.JPG

Next up are the two huge container terminals "Burchardkai" and "Eurokai". Each of these terminals has as many containers as Tollerort and Altenwerder together. A pure sysiphean task - I think I'm going to get stupid.
=O

But what's the saying? "Do not blame anyone, you yourself wanted it"

More pictures will follow when the next terminal is ready.

Last edited:
Country
denmark
Now the second container terminal "Altenwerder" is completed.
Although the terminals "Tollerort" and "Altenwerder" are the two small terminals, thousands of objects have already been created by hand and also placed by hand. Slowly I dream at night already of containers, container trucks, container forklifts.....

Actually, this project is much too extensive and too big for a "one man show".
Therefore, I am also very grateful that Henrik Nielsen (KL791) allowed me to use some of his large container ships from the "Global AI Ship Traffic" in this project as static ships at the piers of the terminals. Otherwise I would have had to build them as well.

But Henrik's ships will not only liven up the port of Hamburg statically, but also on the move. More about this in the coming weeks.

Here are the first pictures from "Altenwerder":

First, an overview of the terminal by day and by night:

Bild25_Terminal_Altenwerder_Uebersicht_Sueden_Tag.JPG

Bild26_Terminal_Altenwerder_Uebersicht_Sueden_Nacht.JPG

The 3 ships at the rear pier are static, the front area of the pier remains free for moving ships. The two large container freighters are from Henrik, the smaller one in the foreground is one of my own ships.

Bild27_Terminal_Altenwerder_3_Schiffe_Nacht.JPG

Even though the terminal is not the largest, it can accommodate thousands of containers. Container....Container........................and container cranes.

Bild28_Terminal_Altenwerder_Tausende_Container_Tag.JPG

So many containers can effectively only be transported by rail. Therefore, there are of course the large gantry cranes of rail loading and kilometer-long trains with containers.

Bild29_Terminal_Altenwerder_Bahnverladung_Tag.JPG

Right next to the terminal is an industrial area. Again, all objects (except the buildings) and vegetation were built/placed by hand.
The next 5 pictures show different views of the industrial area during the day:

Bild30_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie1_Tag.JPG

Bild30_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie2_Tag.JPG

Bild31_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie3_Tag.JPG

Bild32_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie4_Tag.JPG

Bild33_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie5_Tag.JPG

A container sorting crane in close-up view:

Bild34_Terminal_Altenwerder_Container_Bruecke_Tag.JPG

Road traffic in the industrial area during the day and at night (static and moving).

Bild36_Terminal_Altenwerder_Strassenverkehr_Tag.JPG

Bild35_Terminal_Altenwerder_Strassenverkehr_Nacht.JPG

Night in the industrial area:

Bild37_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie1_Nacht.JPG

Bild38_Terminal_Altenwerder_Industrie2_Nacht.JPG

Night shift at the port:

Bild39_Terminal_Altenwerder_Hafenarbeit_Nacht.JPG

Next up are the two huge container terminals "Burchardkai" and "Eurokai". Each of these terminals has as many containers as Tollerort and Altenwerder together. A pure sysiphean task - I think I'm going to get stupid.
=O

But what's the saying? "Do not blame anyone, you yourself wanted it"

More pictures will follow when the next terminal is ready.
Fantastic... this is becoming a real harbor... happy to see my ships as part of that :D

Country
germany
After 9 days of work, the "Burchardkai Terminal" is now also completed.

I will not show many detailed pictures of containers, so here are just a few overview pictures of the terminal (with labels):

Bild40_Terminal_Burchardkai_Uebersicht_Tag.JPG

Bild41_Terminal_Burchardkai_Uebersicht_Nacht.JPG

Bild42_Terminal_Burchardkai_Containermassen_Tag.JPG

Bild43_Terminal_Burchardkai_Ost-West_Tag.JPG

Bild44_Terminal_Burchardkai_Ost-West_Daemmerung.JPG

Next is the EUROGATE terminal (the large open area in the background of the last two pictures).

Country
germany
This is truly great looking stuff! What an enormous effort. Even if I am not on MSFS so far, this work is looking outstanding!

Country
germany
Since I could see in the last days absolutely no more containers (although the EuroGate terminal is also already with approx. 25% with containers equipped), I turned times to other things in the port of Hamburg.

Here you can see the two radar beacons Blankeneser upper radar beacon and lower radar beacon.

Bild46_Blankeneser_Unter_und_Oberfeuer.JPG

The Blankenerser lower radar beacon in large size:

Bild45_Terminal_Blankeneser_Unterfeuer.JPG

Yes, and then I didn't like the KI-generated Elbe bridges at all, so I rebuilt them. As you can see on the left side of the pictures, there are still 4 smaller bridges in the area. They will be added later.
Bild47_Elbbruecken_alt-neu.JPG

Last edited:
Country
germany
Yes, I know the scenery from Tribalowski.
But both sceneries are completely different in terms of design.
And, Tribalowski is not frame rate friendly. Honestly, what I can see here is something I like more and more!
There is only one thing I noticed; some - not all but some - colors do have a little too much saturation. For example Landungsbrücken, the green roofs are not this light green in reality, or the Hambuger Hafenbahn is way too light red, the container bridges also tend to have too much saturation when lighted by the sun. The bridges you have created, wow; keep on the great work!

Country
germany
Well, the colors are a difficult thing but thanks for the hint.

The intensity of the colors depends firstly on the weather conditions in which you view the scenery (e.g. clear sky with a lot of sunshine or overcast without sunshine).
Secondly, on your personal feeling for color and
thirdly on the color settings on the PC.

I tried to adjust the colors based on real photos and the settings on my PC.
Even with the containers, my beta testers first complained that the colors were too intense. But comparing them with real photos, you can see that the port world is actually quite colorful.

Here are 2 links to pictures of the container cranes and containers.....
LINK 1
LINK 2
(for copyright reasons I can not paste the pictures here directly)

....and a link to an aerial photo of the "Landungsbrücken" (Landing Bridges):
LINK

I did the same with the colors for the Elbbrücken.

By the way, neither my beta testers nor I could notice any performance loss with the scenery.

Last edited:
Country
germany
Today a short progress report.
The containers in the EUROGATE terminal are now almost all set. Only a few are still missing in small corners, which I have overlooked so far (mostly in the industrial areas).

At the moment I am assembling the freight trains. For this I had to add some more container wagons to the already existing ones, which I discovered on aerial photos. These are for example wagons with special racks (containers) for pipes and pressure vessels, large overseas crates and machine parts welded in foil.

Then come the rail loading cranes, the container gantry cranes for the ships, the van carriers, container stackers and the trucks.

As you can see in the picture below, there are other smaller ore ports besides the big HANSA PORT. These will come (also with the corresponding equipment) after the EUROGATE-TERMINAL.

At the very end will come the ships and after that I will try to add some human figures.

So there is still a lot to do until the HH port can go online.

698-zwischenstand-jpg

Country
germany
Hello Christian,
one would have to try out how animated figures affect performance.
I had thought about static figures, because you can hardly recognize them even from a helicopter above 300 ft. From an airplane at 1000 ft not at all.

But as they say, "the wise man tries"!
If you want to assemble something for it, gladly.
You know how to reach me.