• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Trouble Compiling

I have been using LC_XML successfully for some, however, I can not get my latest library to compile!

LC_Err_3.jpg

My library file looks OK

LC_Err_2.jpg

Obviously I don't have the right file name specified. I've tried all different ones but keep getting the following message. I've got to be doing something wrong. Help would be appreciated.

LC_err_1.jpg

Thanks, Peter Hall, Vancouver Island, BC

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It should be saved after you select the exe location.

But let me check in the code. I think you should get a warning when the path is not valid.

Thanks Arno, sorry to be a pain. Lc has now accepted the paths to the compiler, however, now when I compile I get the following error report. Failed to load xsd.

Attachments

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

Make sure the compiler and the corresponding xsd file is in the same folder together. The error message gives the xsd filename.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Yes, indeed check that all the required files are in that BGLComp folder of the SDK. The EXE and XSD should both be there, else your compiler installation is corrupted.

Hi Arno,
I was hoping to tell you that everything is working fine, but no such luck. The EXE and the XSD files were together, however, because of your comment about a corrupt SDK file I reinstalled the SDK including SP2. checked that all the files were together but I'm still getting the error message "Compiler error cannot open bglcomp.xsd. I checked ADE and it is able to compile the airport.

Thanks, Peter Hall

Thanks for all your help. Since my last thread I got to thinking that if ADE could open bglcomp.xsd it had to be something other than the compiler. I re generated my mdl files and every thing worked just fine.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Good to hear it works again. And very weird that it had nothing to do with the error message.