• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Tutorial: Approaches

Found this very informational document with more information, including an FMC depiction and some charts as reference.

Very informative.

FS9/FSX only uses portions of the ARINC424 which impacts a GPS installation. Some of the leg types in the document are not in FS since MS did not include a FMC in any of their default planes.

Country
unitedstates
Very informative.

FS9/FSX only uses portions of the ARINC424 which impacts a GPS installation. Some of the leg types in the document are not in FS since MS did not include a FMC in any of their default planes.

well thats MS for you. :)

Country
poland
Hello everyone,
I didn't want to start new topic so I'll post here.

I've got some trouble with creating approaches to my airport. In general I have NDB and ILS approach. In ADE it looks quite fine (not at all, eg. I can't find RF leg..?), but it doesn't work properly at FSX - I can't select my NDB approach from ATC menu, only visual or ILS while airport is IMC. What is more I can't see my approach at GPS - I can choose and activate my approach (both ndb and ils) but on the map can't see any track. What is more during missed approach ATC doesn't follow missed app procedure - it should I guess?

I am afraid that the one (JV) that could answer you in a jiffy, is not able to give you some answers any longer unless you have some special connections with the hereafter (if you do, please tell us).
Without seeing your AD4 file we can only guess what could be wrong (as Jim would).

Country
poland
Yeh, I saw post about so sad information.. :(

Here is the file. Don't look at NDB-s approach.

Attachments

• EPDE_ADEX_ADE.ad4
    12.7 KB · Views: 497
  • EP_AD_2_EPDE_6-3-7_en.pdf
    140.3 KB · Views: 588
Tks.

I will have a look at it in the morning.
That should not refrain others in another time zone from having a go at it because I am not Jim Vile.

The only thing that I know (and that you probably know as well) is that the ILS takes precedence over all other types regardless of the weather.
And (now I am guessing), it looks like your (missed) approach paths all double up and therefore it could be that they are interfering with eachother.
If I forget about the NDB, add an ILS approach with a right turn back course, everything works fine.

Country
poland
I have no idea why it doesn't work for me. I did the same, deleted NDB approach and changed missed app leg to right turn. Still nothing.
Maybe I'm editing not that file I should do?

Country
italy
interessante ...
Io vorrei capire come costruire le SID e le STAR e come mettere i parametri.
Inoltre vorrei capire come costruire una transizione o un'asola che dalla pista opposta mi riporti su IF o FAF o IAF
Io ho imparato che un LEG quando si costruisce bisogna mettere nel punto IAF il punto terminale della procedura e Fix Ident il secondo punto della procedura. Quando poi mi esce nel menù tendina la procedura con il tasto destro inizio a inserire i fix point iniziando dal secondo punto della procedura.

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hello:

This is an English language website.

You may wish to use Google to translate posts from / to thèse forums.

www.google.com

search: translate Italian English

GaryGB