Unsupported RIFF section: @?

Hello

I have a problem when i want to convert to a MDL file, i get the following error

2:27 PM DAEReader Information Starting reading of file C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons.dae
2:27 PM DAEReader Information Finished reading objects
2:27 PM AllObjectReader Information Cleaning object: Airport background runways and aprons
with zero area
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\DSC_5168_-_kopie.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\DSC_5168_-_kopie.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\taxi_shale.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\imagesCAAOGU9B3.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\imagesCAAOGU9B3.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__2__-_kopie2.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__2__-_kopie2.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\_10100716-wegmarkering--dubbele-gele-lijnen.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\_10100716-wegmarkering--dubbele-gele-lijnen.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__2_.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__2_.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__3_1.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TilesPlain0021_2_thumbhuge1.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TilesPlain0021_2_thumbhuge1.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE34.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE34.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTU.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTU.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE2.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE2.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__3_.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__3_.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__3_2.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__3__0_1.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__3__0_1.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\Roads0059_4_thumbhuge.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\Roads0059_4_thumbhuge.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\Stone_Pavers_Walk_.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__2__-_kopie4.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__2__-_kopie4.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\texture__3__-_kopie.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\texture__3__-_kopie.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\texture__3__-_kopie1.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\texture__3__-_kopie1.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\texture__3_2.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\texture__3_1.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\Sewer0177_1_thumbhuge.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\Sewer0177_1_thumbhuge.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\ground_grass_col.png
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\WaterPlain0006_thumbhuge.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\WaterPlain0006_thumbhuge.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__2__0.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Warning The size of Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__2__0.jpg is not a power of 2, this is required by FS
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture:
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\taxi_shale.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__3_1.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\TEXTURE__3_2.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\Stone_Pavers_Walk_.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\texture__3_2.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\texture__3_1.jpg
2:27 PM ObjectRenderer Information Loaded texture: C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons\ground_grass_col.png
2:27 PM MDLXWriter Information Starting writing of file C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons.MDL
2:27 PM MDLXReader Information Starting reading of file C:\Users\vd linden\Music\Airport background runways and aprons.mdl
2:27 PM MDLXReader Warning Unsupported RIFF section: @?
i hope someone can help me

thanks.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

If I look at the log, it seems you are converting a COLLADA file to FSX MDL.

In that case you can ignore this warning. What the FSX MDL exporter does, when the output file already exists, is try to load it to extract the GUID. It seems that went wrong in this case. But that should not have big consequences.

Hello Arno

Thanks for your reply,
That's correct, i am working with google skectup
When i have converted my mdl file, some textures will not appear on their right positions in FSX, some textures will not show up,
When i import it into Sbuilder X, sbuilder X says say "no valid mdl "
what can this issue be?

regards

Linden

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I am not an expert on SBuilderX. But did you check if the MDL has exported correctly (so no errors in the event log). Some errors give a 0 kB MDL file and other tools won't load them of course.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

For your texture issues, keep in mind that if you are using DDS textures they may need to be flipped vertically. Also, other textures coming from Sketchup may be JPG or other formats. They also may not be a power of 2 in size (64, 128, 256, 512, etc. pixels). The Mass Texture Converter can fix those for you.

Hope this helps,

Hey guys,

i checked it again, and it gaves me a 0kB mdl file
All the texture settings are set correct,
When I try to add some runway edge textures, I have to brush the asphalt texture in a program like GIMP, and then I have to add all these paint brushed textures into my model in googel sketchup, but i get still this error.

Is there a easier way to do the paintbrush, like some plugin tools for Google Sketchup to paintbrush the edges of the runways, and taxiways in my model, like the same method as in GIMP, or other tools?, because now i have to make a lot of sections to add these textures individuality, and i am afraid that, this can cause the problem of my model.

Linden.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Does the event log contain any warnings? For example is your decimal character set to dot, which is required by the SDK tools? The default in many countries is the comma. You can change this in the regional settings of the windows control panel.

Hello Arno,

yesterday I checked the decimales, and all the other settings, and these are all okay, Today i checked it again with the new install of the latest development release, and now the riff section warning is gone. when i add not to much sections in my model, but when i try to convert my runway model with more added sections of the asphalt corner textures in model converter X , i get these warnings again, and also with some vertex errors, and a invalid 0 kB MDL in sbuilderX.
So i going to try, to split the model, and then see what's happening now, also take a new look of whole model.
The picture below show how i make my runway edge textures, i brushed these textures with GIMP paint brush, and then added these into different sections, because i'm only familair with the methods of google sketchup.
Gmax is to difficult for me, i tried this also, but it is very complex for me.
http://www.uploadplaatjes.nl/plaatjes/11/454631.jpg

Linden.

Linden.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Linden,

If you can send me your model that gives issues, I might be able to debug the problem.