FSX Using FSDS with FSX/Steam

Is anyone using FSDS with FSX/Steam and do you need any particular files to make it work? I use Gmax now but would like to try FSDS and just want to make sure it will work OK with FSX/Steam. Thanks for any comments.
Fred Z

I don't know about FSDS and Steam, but if you are already proficient in GMAX I can't image what you will get out of using FSDS that you don't already have...

Thanks for the reply, Tom. I wouldn't say I am proficient in GMAX by any means.;) I do all right with the constructing of the buildings and such but it is the texturing that is giving me fits! I worked with GMAX about a dozen years ago and had not been active for a while, but lost everything to a computer blow-up about a year ago and am trying to get back and restart the tired brain cells. I just thought FSDS might fit the bill. We'll see.
Later,
Fred Z

I find it (in general) easier to texture in GMAX than I do in FSDS. That said, there is one thing missing in GMAX that FSDS has - you can enter the mapping by pixel numbers. You can thus exactly match the mapping of one object with another one.

What seems to be the problem texturing in GMAX? Doing buildings is usually pretty straightforward.

Probably most of the problem with texturing is just not messing with it enough. When I was doing this before, I knew how to make up texture sets, now I can't find sources of textures play with! I will keep banging away - I am stubborn that way. Thanks for the comments and have fun.
Later,
Fred Z

Tom, thanks for the suggestions - textures.com looks familiar, maybe I used it before. Will put it in the 'favorites' list and play with it. I used to do this - there are still some of my old efforts on FlightSim.com (search Zealor and look at the ones from California) Frustrating to see what I did and not remember how (senior moments) :cool:
Later,
Fred Z