Variables available in FS

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Thorsten,

Most of these are set by the sim itself. I think only a few can be set with FSUIPC. SimConnect might also be able to set a few.

Is there is specific one you want to set?

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Those vars, how do you call them via a gauge, via FSUIPC or via SimConnect? Those var names don't seem to work there. Do you have an idea what names you need to use to trigger them using those ways (FSUIPC, SimConnect, Gauges)?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
FSUIPC comes with its own sdk, it lists the offsets of all the variables. They are indeed different from the offsets used in the bgl code.

The user variables are not supported by FSUIPC for fsx, neither can simconnect access them.

For other variables check the simconnect sdk, it does list those that can be read.

Hello,

could anyone please help me with variable for communication frequency 2 ? I hope that it exists but I could not find it on the forum with my search strings.

Thank you very much!

n4gix

Resource contributor
Hello,

could anyone please help me with variable for communication frequency 2 ? I hope that it exists but I could not find it on the forum with my search strings.
Just for the sake of the future, you really should create your own post for your questions, rather than resurrecting a long dead thread... :)

To answer your question though, the information you seek is in the FS9/FSX/ESP/P3D SDKs. Since you haven't indicated if you need this for FS9 or FSX/ESP/P3D, I'll have to wait before being more specific, since both the variables and the key events (commands) are very different!

Hello and thank you for answering.

Well I tried to ask my question in the correct topic (to have all in onbe place) but sorry for doing it incorectly on this forum.

I am interested in FSX variables - this topic shows up in search and in airfield light toolbox manual so that is why I put a question about COM2 here, while maybe some others will use it as well.

After reading your answer I searched SDK for FSX but I was not able to find variable addresses in hexadecimal as I need for the input in the program. I am a beginner, so sorry for asking maybe a straight forwared answer.

Thank you for your kind help.

n4gix

Resource contributor
After reading your answer I searched SDK for FSX but I was not able to find variable addresses in hexadecimal as I need for the input in the program. I am a beginner, so sorry for asking maybe a straight forwared answer.
What are you doing that you would even need to know the hex addresses of FSX variables? Once again, far too little information has been given to allow for any kind of precise answer.

In any event, the 'hex address' for all commands (key_events) will be found in the gauges.h file. The SDK does not however provide 'hex addresses' for any variables.
Code:
#define KEY_ID_MIN 0x00010000
#define KEY_COM2_RADIO_SET (KEY_ID_MIN + 906)
So, the 'hex address' for the COM2 frequency SET command is (0x00010906), assuming that you wish to set a specific frequency for the COM2 radio's active channel.

Hello Bill,

I would need that as per manual for pilot controlled lights (you set NAV1 freq or ADF freq to get the lights on during the day); my wish is to set that on COM2 (active freq as you suggested).

The program needs inputs as from the first post in this topic (bolded codes):
07BC - ADF frequency
622 kHz = 622h
321 kHz = 321h

07BE - COM frequency
119.30 = 1930h

07C0 - NAV1 frequency
112.00 = 1200h
123.50 = 2350h

07C2 - nav2 frequency

etc

In the manual it says this is hex address? Would be possible to get the same address for COM2 - I have bolded the info I got from the first posts in this topic which is needed by the program for Aerodrome lights.

Thank you for your time and help!

Kind regards
Klemen

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I would check the fs98 and fs2000 sdk, these have the best lists for those variables. Not sure if com2 is also there. I'm typing this from my ipad, so I can't check myself now.

Severin

Resource contributor
Hello guys, I need help here.I read the AFLT manual but I'm doing something wrong.Not sure what. How does the combo/variable box work? I typed in the variables as given here for the BGL_TICK18 but I'm getting an error message at the moment. I'm trying to find my way around the AFLT tool. Thank you.
untitled.png

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You can't set the variables in hexadecimal form, you need to enter the decimal version.