• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 XML 3D Fuel selectors

Country
france
Hello everybody

I have a newbie question about XMl fuel selectors, I would like to set up a 3D gauge fuel selector with center_off_center2 positions for a FS 2004 plane done with Gmax, and have to add its code to the makemdl.parts.xml

I noticed several samples for fuel selector in this file, 0 2 1 1 4 for a left_both_right and 2 0 1 1 4 for a left_off_right one between others, but what means those mysterious codes?

Many thanks for some lights on it

Cheers :)
Martin Klein

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If you are going to build a plane, you need to download the SDK. From the FS2004 Panels SDK:

Tank/Selector enumerated values:

0 = Off

1 = All

2 = Left

3 = Right

4 = Left_aux

5 = Right_aux

6 = Center

7 = Center2

8 = Center3

9 = External1

10 = External2

11 = Right_tip

12 = Left_tip

13 = Crossfeed

14 = Crossfeed left to right

15 = Crossfeed right to left

16 = Both

17 = External

18 = Isolate

Country
france
Many thanks Tom for your answer
Yes I believe these codes have something to see with the enumerated fuel tanks numbers, but don't understand really how it have to be ordered in the makemdl.parts codes, why 0 2 1 1 4 for a left-both-right fuel selector?
I noticed to-day my choice of center-off-center2 is probably not the best one, I'm setting up a plane in CFS2 with these values, and a fuel gauge returning the center level, the plane initialising on center as main fuel tank.
If I start the engine with the "E" key, the fuel gauge shows fuel consumption, but if I start with starter+magneto, with the fuel selector initialised by the sim on "center tank", there is not any consumption shown on the center fuel gauge, it begins to use fuel only if I select an other tank, and come back on center position on the fuel selector, strange behaviour. I tried to trigger with a key in the fuel selector gauge callback the fuel selector on center tank on start, it don't fix it.

So my idea, and the reason for this post, was to have the same plane fitted with 3D gauges in the VC, for FS2004, and to find a working fuel selector, perhaps the left-off-right one would be better to test, but I was just curious to have possibility to create my own fuel selector combo.
Best regards
Martin

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
As I remember that is a shorthand way of selecting Case choices. The one used is dependent on the other code.

Country
france
Thanks Tom, I believe I must drop an attentive eye in the FS 2004 panel SDK, I just had a look to find some notions of "stack operators" and order of execution for it, I believe that's the key.

All the best
Martin