• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Release version

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Any news already? I'm holding back on a official release until I know this is a big bug or not.

Sorry, yeah, it's all good. I'm still not sure what went wrong initially, but I felt confident enough to release a patch which just installs the merger tool by itself, and it has worked well. And my scenery installer has been updated to slow things down a bit, which works as well.
A great tool, I'd love to see this as the standard for developers who work with autogen.
Thanks for your help.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Ok, I'll go ahead with a more formal release as well then.

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica
I may have found a (repetitive?) bug...

Calling ACM in install mode works fine as long as it has not already been installed; calling it again for another sim produces an incorrect path to ACM. For example, if I include ACM with my scenery manager and call "install FSX", it inserts into the exe.xml with a full path to ACM. When I call it again with "install P3Dv3", the path is shortened to /AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe.

First call:
Code:
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AutogenConfigurationMerger</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Second Call:
Code:
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Path>\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

I believe it may be because the window asking where to copy ACM to does not pop up, but that's because it's already been copied.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Are you using the latest version? I believe I fixed this issue.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Ok, let me check tonight.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I can confirm you that I can reproduce the issue. I just completely uninstalled the tool here and installed in both FSX and P3D. The last one had an invalid path indeed. Now let me see if I can fix this bug.

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica
Great!

Would not have been an issue for most users as they only use one sim, but probably would have been for developers who test on multiple platforms. Nonetheless, thanks for the quick work. Working flawlessly now.

Regards,
Zev.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, there will. I have just started to make all my tools compatible with P3D v4. I still need to check if the autogen configuration file format has changed though.

Great to hear, Arno.
It looks like they are still the same, although don't take my word for it. Only difference is that there are two sets of AutogenDescriptions, one is likely the version used when speedtrees are active, and the other is renamed AutogenDescriptions_Legacy -- if I turn off speed trees, and swap this second file for the P3D3 version which includes ACM edits, it shows my custom trees fine.

Country
unitedkingdom
Yes, there will. I have just started to make all my tools compatible with P3D v4. I still need to check if the autogen configuration file format has changed though.
I still think this is possibly the most useful and under publicised FS utility ever....

Country
france
Hi Arno,

I just have downloaded AutogenConfigurationMerger to make Orbx Scenery and France VFR running well together on P3D V4.2, but when I try to install it nothing happened.
Even if I try to install with the administrator prerogative, it's the same. It seems the software is inactiv.
Do you have an idea of what couuld happened ?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Just installing ACM will not do anything special. The sceneries that will be merged need to be prepared for it, their custom autogen definitions need to be supplied in the right way. Did you read the manual?

Country
france
Yes but, I only red the user manuel, and I have seen that the addon-xml should be update to automaticaly start the tool. but nothing like that.
So I add manualy the following lines in add-on.xml,
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

But nothing seems to happened and I don't get this message
1520705695677.png

thre is something I didn't understand, I guess.
For now I Think that the France VFR AGN is activ, because I'm flying over France and France VFR Scenery, and I used AGX 64 to get the right AGN because Orbx
had made a mess.

Country
france
I think, i didn't put the tool at the right place because the log files says that :
17:00:09 | AutogenConfigurationMerger version 1.1.6531.37127 rev cab4a053 date 18/11/2017 20:34:49
17:00:09 | No FS version specified, using current directory as FS path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AutogenConfigurationMerger
17:00:09 | FSPath: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AutogenConfigurationMerger
17:00:09 | Scenery.cfg not found