• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Oakland International Airport (v1.1 released)

Country
sweden
Thanks for the kind words Clutch, until I started making this scenery I had no idea just how much work goes into it or how complex the process is. I truly don't know how some developers can be so prolific o_O

But as you say it's a labor of love, because you have to love it in order to put up with this kind of self-torture :)

Country
spain
Hi @embeee I want see your webpage http://www.cloudberrysim.com/ , but it is a blank page and this appears to me:

2019 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither Parkingcrew nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers.
Privacy Policy

Country
sweden
Hi @embeee I want see your webpage http://www.cloudberrysim.com/ , but it is a blank page and this appears to me:

2019 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither Parkingcrew nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers.
Privacy Policy

Yeah there's nothing up there yet. Been trying to get it to redirect to my Simmarket page but doesn't seem to work.

Country
sweden
Hi, I've been working on the FTX NorCal compatibility issue and dynamic lighting. Both are looking promising, but I haven't been able to do as much work as I had hoped because of my day job and other life events. Will certainly let you know when I've pushed out an update.

Country
germany
Hey @embeee !

Just got your scenery today, have been looking for a decent Oakland for some time :)

Unfortunately I got these weird texture bugs around the airport, displaying partly night textures. I am using ORBX openLC North America, but not ORBX NorCal. Had these around FlyTampa Toronto as well, where it has been a buggy landclass of the airport, which FlyTampa admitted. But someone could solve it by deactivating the Airport LC file.

2019-11-10_13-31-49-4hpkfz.jpg

Tried to deactivate the photo/LC for Oakland, but then the ground completely disappeard :D

Also, is there any chance to reduce the exclude in a future build, because the autogen around the airport is disabled in quite a huge area ^^

Looking forward to your reply and thanks in advance for the help :)

Country
sweden
Hello, thanks for your purchase and sorry about the issues. It sounds very strange indeed, especially since there aren't actually any exclude files except for the two landclass files (LC_1518.bgl and CVX_KOAK.BGL). Disabling those will completely restore the surroundings. The photoreal file only covers the airport itself and doesn't alter the surroundings, so that shouldn't be the culprit either. I know that Orbx users sometimes get those black textures in different parts of the world, and that has happened to me too though never at Oakland. It's usually resolved by reinstalling the Orbx product(s) or disabling Frozen Water in the FTX Global Vector configurator tool.

Could you make sure that you've disabled both LC files and see what happens? If the problem still persists, the only way to figure out what's causing this is by disabling and reenabling each bgl file at a time in the Oakland scenery (a faster way to do that is to disable half of the bgl files and then half of those etc.). That is unfortunately the only way to know which specific file is causing this. Also, just to be sure: does that area look normal when you completely disable the Oakland scenery?

Country
germany
Thanks for the quick help!

Not using Vector (not even installed :D ) but will try to disable the LC files once I've landed on my current flight.

When I disable the OAK scenery, the area is completely normal indeed :)

Country
germany
Hello, thanks for your purchase and sorry about the issues. It sounds very strange indeed, especially since there aren't actually any exclude files except for the two landclass files (LC_1518.bgl and CVX_KOAK.BGL). Disabling those will completely restore the surroundings. The photoreal file only covers the airport itself and doesn't alter the surroundings, so that shouldn't be the culprit either. I know that Orbx users sometimes get those black textures in different parts of the world, and that has happened to me too though never at Oakland. It's usually resolved by reinstalling the Orbx product(s) or disabling Frozen Water in the FTX Global Vector configurator tool.

Could you make sure that you've disabled both LC files and see what happens? If the problem still persists, the only way to figure out what's causing this is by disabling and reenabling each bgl file at a time in the Oakland scenery (a faster way to do that is to disable half of the bgl files and then half of those etc.). That is unfortunately the only way to know which specific file is causing this. Also, just to be sure: does that area look normal when you completely disable the Oakland scenery?

Back with the results :)

So deactivating the 2 files you mentioned (CVX_KOAK.bgl and LC_1518.bgl) solved the problem of the black textures, so that's looking good now again.

However, the huge exclude around the airport somehow remains... :/ Had Flightbeam KSFO active as well on the other side, but no change when I deactivate that scenery.
As mentioned before, completely normal autogen when I deactivate KOAK.

Thanks for the help! :)

Country
sweden
Back with the results :)

So deactivating the 2 files you mentioned (CVX_KOAK.bgl and LC_1518.bgl) solved the problem of the black textures, so that's looking good now again.

However, the huge exclude around the airport somehow remains... :/ Had Flightbeam KSFO active as well on the other side, but no change when I deactivate that scenery.
As mentioned before, completely normal autogen when I deactivate KOAK.

Thanks for the help! :)

Great to hear that the black squares are gone, but the exclude issue is very weird. As I mentioned there shouldn't be any other excludes in this scenery, so I don't know what's causing that. I just disabled both landclass files on my computer and have full autogen around the airport. The only way to figure out what's causing this is to disable each specific bgl file in your Oakland folder using the method I described. It's tedious but the only way to locate the culprit.

Country
germany
Okay....so now something weird happened, even with KOAK deactivated, there is no autogen in the whole SF Bay Area anymore :D I guess something is messed up in my sim there, which doesn't have to do anything with KOAK ^^ Will have a look at it :)

EDIT: Deactivated ORBX openLC North America and had full autogen again, so something is broken in there.

Country
germany
So, reinstalling openLC NA helped and now the full autogen is back! Thanks @embeee for your help! Looking forward to fly in and out of OAK!

Country
sweden
Alright, I think I've finally figured out how to make my scenery compatible with FTX NorCal with a lot of help from coryb14 on here. I'm attaching the new ground poly file here for those that wish to try it. Simply backup the file with the same name in the Oakland 'scenery' folder and add this new file to that folder. After that, rename (at your own risk!) ADEX_FTX_NCA_KOAK_Metro_oakland_Intl.BGL to ADEX_FTX_NCA_KOAK_Metro_oakland_Intl.BGL.off in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery. Finally, make sure that my Oakland scenery is above any FTX NCA entries in the P3D addon scenery list.

Let me know if this works for you guys and I'll push out an update on Simmarket.

Attachments

• KOAK_ADE_GP.bgl
    2.6 MB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Alright, I think I've finally figured out how to make my scenery compatible with FTX NorCal with a lot of help from coryb14 on here. I'm attaching the new ground poly file here for those that wish to try it. Simply backup the file with the same name in the Oakland 'scenery' folder and add this new file to that folder. After that, rename (at your own risk!) ADEX_FTX_NCA_KOAK_Metro_oakland_Intl.BGL to ADEX_FTX_NCA_KOAK_Metro_oakland_Intl.BGL.off in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery. Finally, make sure that my Oakland scenery is above any FTX NCA entries in the P3D addon scenery list.

Let me know if this works for you guys and I'll push out an update on Simmarket.
I will test this tomorrow and report back. Thank you!