• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS -Everything you know about upcoming Flight Sim from Microsoft-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Funny - the AI aircraft don't have wheels. Do they use old FS9 ones?
There is nothing funny there :) :)

It is an indication that the 3-D models were not yet continuously optimized at the time of the screenshot. Usually, data is optimized in almost all modern PC and console games. Be it terrain data, textures, or like in this case a 3-D model. The topic is about "Levels of Detail", the abbreviation LOD should be familiar to you, right? The abbreviation stands for Level of Detail; Depending on the distance to the object, details are shown or hidden. So it is no more than a reference to the LOD system that the developers of the MFS use to make optimizations ;)

Country
indonesia
Fixed it. Open Microsoft Store and it's waiting there ready to be installed.
Did that and tried to run it but got the attached;
It saves it under 'Apps' on the start menu.

Main-1_15Jul20 at 17-16-57.jpg

Country
us-newyork
Many of us are in on the in-development SDK under an NDA as they have stated before publicly. Not much is going to be said due the NDA, however I will reiterate the point (which has also been said publicly) that the SDK will release after the base sim. It's going to be some time until you see any 3rd party content release. I'll just say I think all of us were very much caught by surprise by the release announcement.

Country
italy
Well.. I meant small devs groups, hobbyists mostly
That's obvious that big 3th party names are already in touch with core devs and probably got their own copy of SDK

Also have a big hope towards GOOD documentated SDK, not like those in the past, you understand what I mean :D

Keep finger cross that is not going to be another dovetail sdk that never really was an sdk or to be more precise a sdk joke

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
I was shown the current state of the panel and gauges SDK about five weeks ago (no names because someone could be in deep s**t otherwise) and I was shocked at how much of it was still blank pages and 'to do' notes. It also bears more than a passing resemblance to an SDK that we are already very familiar with. IOW, I can back up the UK2000 Scenery comments.

Country
canada
I hope this information isn't already in this thread somewhere already.

Anyway, I saw this today about the packaged version on Ars Technica
True but only for Europe. Watch out for the discount sites. Apparently they are bad actors, stolen credit cards.

SDK and marketplace is discussed a bit in the July 16 update.

Country
austria
Is there any information on scenery creation/developement? I am about to finish my first big project in xp11 with custom 3d models ground polys pbr textures etc. and feel like i finally got the hang of how to do all that properly after years of working with tools like wed photoshop blender etc.
How does the scenery developement process look in fs2020? Whats similar to what we were used to, whats different?

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
Scenery dev has some form of drag'n'drop and join-the-dots interface. There was a few seconds of it in Insider Preview10, I think it was.

Country
us-illinois
At present, those who know can’t tell. :tapedshut
And those that don't know can only speculate ;)

Hmmm.. this type of dialogue reminds me of a scene in "Kentucky Fried Movie" ! :rotfl:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kentucky_Fried_Movie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076257/characters/nm0453447

Loo : And who are they?

Dr. Klahn : Refuse, found in waterfront bars.

Loo : Shanghaied?

Dr. Klahn : Just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.

Prisoner #1 : Where are we?

Prisoner #2 : I don't care!

Loo : And these?

Dr. Klahn : These are lost drunken men who don't know where they are, but do care! And these are men who know where they are and care, but don't drink.

Prisoner #3 : I don't know who I am!

Prisoner #4 : Yeah. and I don't drink.

Dr. Klahn : Guards!

[moves prisoners]

Dr. Klahn : Do you care?

Prisoner #5 : No.

Dr. Klahn : Put this man in cell #1, and give him a drink.

Guard : What do you drink?

Prisoner #5 : I don't care.

GaryGB

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Waiting giddily for MSFS' release because that means that the X-Plane forums will get a lot quieter.

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica

"'Microsoft Flight Simulator' will have an in-game store for mods.
Only approved creators can sell their add-ons in the marketplace, though. You’ll need to apply for access if you want to hawk your wares there and there’s no charge to sign up.
Modders can set their own prices, check out how well their digital goods are performing, see how much revenue they’re generating and automatically receive payments from the marketplace. Whether or not they’re approved, creators can still offer their add-ons via other sites and storefronts."

:scratchchI wonder what the fee structure will be.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom

"'Microsoft Flight Simulator' will have an in-game store for mods.
Only approved creators can sell their add-ons in the marketplace, though. You’ll need to apply for access if you want to hawk your wares there and there’s no charge to sign up.
Modders can set their own prices, check out how well their digital goods are performing, see how much revenue they’re generating and automatically receive payments from the marketplace. Whether or not they’re approved, creators can still offer their add-ons via other sites and storefronts."

:scratchchI wonder what the fee structure will be.

So exciting.......................for MS

Country
unitedkingdom
Until the SDK is properly documented and released it will be difficult for many to get excited about. Its the community that makes FS / P3D and the tools etc that allow folk to try things. If you like flying classic aircraft, or flying from airports / airbases that no longer exist, you might have a bit of a wait on. But from what I've seen, it looks like a great starting point.

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Country
peru
Until the SDK is properly documented and released it will be difficult for many to get excited about. Its the community that makes FS / P3D and the tools etc that allow folk to try things. If you like flying classic aircraft, or flying from airports / airbases that no longer exist, you might have a bit of a wait on. But from what I've seen, it looks like a great starting point.
I think it is very important that the SDK allow us to create custom ground polygons or custom ground textures using layers like the Prepar3D V5 SDK. The default FS2020 airports are using generic textures for aprons and taxilines like the airports that we design with ADE.

Regards.
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola

Status
Not open for further replies.