• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Blender2MSFS support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried the new version but I'm not getting the combined RGB property map or if I am its being saved somewhere else, anyone cracked this? thanks

Country
greece
Guys,the model I'm working on lately (actually my 1rst one build from scratch entirely by me) has a different texture assigned to each face,each face has its own.The model is nearly finished and already all pieces are joined to 1 single object.In "MSFS Material Params" each face must be assigned with its texture separately?It's a rather complicated object and there are 30 different faces with their dedicated textures for each one of them.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
I've tried the new version but I'm not getting the combined RGB property map or if I am its being saved somewhere else, anyone cracked this? thanks
It's located under the Save/Load button. From there you can save the layout.

I did that but although the other texture maps appear in my folder I don't see the combined RGB texture

Country
italy
Guys,the model I'm working on lately (actually my 1rst one build from scratch entirely by me) has a different texture assigned to each face,each face has its own.The model is nearly finished and already all pieces are joined to 1 single object.In "MSFS Material Params" each face must be assigned with its texture independently?It's a rather complicated object and there are 30 different faces with their dedicated textures for each one of them.

Thanks!
You'd rather try Quixel Mixer and start using UVs or UDIMs if you need, the workflow is way smoother and the result way better ;)

it's ALMOST like Substance Painter, but I think it's CubeProjection is awesome!

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Guys,the model I'm working on lately (actually my 1rst one build from scratch entirely by me) has a different texture assigned to each face,each face has its own.The model is nearly finished and already all pieces are joined to 1 single object.In "MSFS Material Params" each face must be assigned with its texture independently?It's a rather complicated object and there are 30 different faces with their dedicated textures for each one of them.

Thanks!
You will have to save out each face then.
I did that but although the other texture maps appear in my folder I don't see the combined RGB texture
You have to assign them accordingly R channel, G channel, etc.

Country
greece
You'd rather try Quixel Mixer and start using UVs or UDIMs if you need, the workflow is way smoother and the result way better ;)

it's ALMOST like Substance Painter, but I think it's CubeProjection is awesome!
Never heard it...I just took a look to its web page,looks quite intresting!Can a blender created object be edited with this application?Is there a specific way to export the object to be used in there?And after editing, in which way could be exported for use in MSFS?

Country
us-california
to be clear. i just tried it. assigned maps in materialize to the proper rgb channels orm. the save button rapidly flashes through the selections but nowhere on my hadr drive can i find an rgb or combined or process map with that filename attached. blender2msfs requires the mixed channel. i plugged them in seperately and they work on the model but not as an exported one. sldo not the smoothness is quirkiy, i still have to apply a reverse or invert now to keep the model from looking like a mirror and i checked the invert map funtion, confusing as all hell

Country
italy
to be clear. i just tried it. assigned maps in materialize to the proper rgb channels orm. the save button rapidly flashes through the selections but nowhere on my hadr drive can i find an rgb or combined or process map with that filename attached. blender2msfs requires the mixed channel. i plugged them in seperately and they work on the model but not as an exported one. sldo not the smoothness is quirkiy, i still have to apply a reverse or invert now to keep the model from looking like a mirror and i checked the invert map funtion, confusing as all hell
Yeah i noticed it lately. Compared to the original materialize app, it doesn't have an option to output an rgb image. Idk if it's a bug or a feature taken out but getting in contact with the dev might be a good point since it's a built in feature of the master branch from Bounding Box Software

Country
italy
Never heard it...I just took a look to its web page,looks quite intresting!Can a blender created object be edited with this application?Is there a specific way to export the object to be used in there?And after editing, in which way could be exported for use in MSFS?
First you need to unwrap your model, then you can export as FBX, import it into Quixel, texture it and export the textures in RGB Comp, normal and albedo straight from there just by setting up a profile. Good practice is to bake an ID map for using with masking and layers (think of it as you might think of photoshop. An ID map, colors UV Islands of a different color for each one, generating work layers to be used for ease of use in Mixer or Substance Painter). Exported as an image can be loaded in to create a basic layering (assign a different material to each different color via ID mask, then paint details over it). After that you set up your export profile (rgb with AO, Roughness and Metalness, Albedo and normal on other two outputs) and import the result texture in Blender via MSFSTools

Country
us-california
Yeah i noticed it lately. Compared to the original materialize app, it doesn't have an option to output an rgb image. Idk if it's a bug or a feature taken out but getting in contact with the dev might be a good point since it's a built in feature of the master branch from Bounding Box Software
if they dont includ I will just go back to the old version I need a RGB export

Country
italy

if they dont includ I will just go back to the old version I need a RGB export
Might be a good idea for now but if you'd like please, up the issue in the link above. Maybe if he sees some interest it might get fixed / added to the next build

Country
italy
Armor paint, isn't free unless you wanna compile it on your own ;) consider i never tried it even though I built it, i still use Mixer and Substance for the hardest tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.