• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ZSHC Hangzhou Xiaoshan WIP

Render 2020-1-22 (with frame).png

Slowly things are getting better, but we still have a lot to do.
Remote apron #9, on a dull overcast day:
ZSHC-preview121.jpg

ZSHC-preview125.jpg

Main terminal:
ZSHC-preview134.jpg

ZSHC-preview133.jpg

ZSHC-preview135.jpg

ZSHC-preview136.jpg

I'd like to bring a clarification: all traffic shown is AI traffic compiled with AIFPv3 for MSFS and based upon FSX legacy AI models (FAIB, AIA, TFS, etc...). It's nice on the ground, but those models behave very bad in the air. All tools I've used do exist for everyone, and there's a kind of tutorial at AIG forum for those you wish to try to bring custom AI traffic into MSFS. But even with that tutorial it's uneasy and tedious to set up all these models and repaints in MSFS, so this is unfortunately not for everyone at the moment.
In no way this AI traffic setup will be included in our ZSHC release (we would never get all required permissions anyway), this is just a preview of what everyone will eventually be able to achieve when AIG releases their One Click Installer for MSFS... and what MSFS will look like at that time. This airport will be fully ready for AI operation, but you'll still have to use an AI solution when they become available (or when asobo achieves their dream of painting "every livery of the world").

how do you get those transparent window textures out of substace painter to be visible in blender?

how do you get those transparent window textures out of substace painter to be visible in blender?
I use a export preset for Substance Painter. It exports albedo maps with transparency (https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/substance-painter-export-presets-for-msfs-2020.257/). In blender, the material mode must be set to "MSFS Glass". Then you plug in your maps. However, the transparency will not look very normal in Blender. You'll have to export it and see how it's like in sim.

As you know this project is also used by myself as a testbed for offline AI traffic. Here are the first experiments using airlineCodes in parking stands definition. Basically things still work as they used to with FS9 and FSX, with small adjustements.
ZSHC-preview141.jpg

ZSHC-preview143.jpg

ZSHC-preview144.jpg

ZSHC-preview145.jpg

ZSHC-preview146.jpg

Later on, with more general views of the progress made on the airport itself:
ZSHC-preview159.jpg

ZSHC-preview152.jpg

ZSHC-preview150.jpg

ZSHC-preview157.jpg

ZSHC-preview155.jpg

That's it for today.

Such an amazing detail on terminals, both exterior and interior. Will this work be a pay-ware ?
Your AI traffic also looks fantastic. Where did you get such a lovely AI traffic package ?

Such an amazing detail on terminals, both exterior and interior. Will this work be a pay-ware ?
Your AI traffic also looks fantastic. Where did you get such a lovely AI traffic package ?
Well with the amount of work done and this level of detail we've decided to go payware. And since everything need to be raised to that level we have no ETA yet.

The AI traffic is not a readied 'package', it's FSX models and flightplans manually added by myself in my sim during those last 3 months. It's tedious, experimental, and definitely not part of the ZSHC scenery, although it's a perfect testbed for me. More informations can be found here at AIG forums (need an logged in account to follow the link).

Back