• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Flight Toolkit

Country
us-georgia
I used FlightToolkit_1_1_31 version, taken from http://flighttoolkit.com/, the file on the one drive link you gave has FlightToolkit_1_1_32.exe , could this be causing my probs?

This is the line I pasted into command line, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\FlightTemp" /a
Squish:

Do you have FSX installed in your PC? If so, which one, the boxed or the Steam version? You should have FSX installed in your PC so the toolkit can do its job. The line you pasted into command line is the one used when you have the Steam version of FSX. The line for the boxed version is a little bit different.

Oscar

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
FlightToolkit_1_1_32.exe is the latest version. FlightToolkit_1_1_31 had a bug. Oscar's collection of Flight files is the best.

Country
england
Squish:

Do you have FSX installed in your PC? If so, which one, the boxed or the Steam version? You should have FSX installed in your PC so the toolkit can do its job. The line you pasted into command line is the one used when you have the Steam version of FSX. The line for the boxed version is a little bit different.

Oscar
I did have both. FSX & FSXE, but I deleted FSX, so it is the steam version, I hope that's alright?

I'm trying again with the FlightToolkit_1_1_32.exe (thanks Dick).

Fingers crossed. I'm quite determined to get there. I love MSFlight and I've just got my trackIR sorted.

thank you, I shall be back to update, and/or ask for more advice.

Country
england
Yey Thank you, it's working.

There were quite a few errors or ignores during the command process, but so far so good.

I'm now looking at installing the extra missions planes and add-ons.

Again THANK YOU, I find MSFlight relaxing and was most put-out when Microsoft pulled the plug on it, especially after pulling FSX.

Country
us-georgia
Yey Thank you, it's working.

There were quite a few errors or ignores during the command process, but so far so good.

I'm now looking at installing the extra missions planes and add-ons.

Again THANK YOU, I find MSFlight relaxing and was most put-out when Microsoft pulled the plug on it, especially after pulling FSX.

Great news. Flight is the best flight simulator ever and I'm happy you enjoy it so much. Not bad for a sim sold for a very short period of time (almost seven years ago).

Oscar

Last edited:
Country
england
Next question, I've re-installed Boxed FSX, and test driven. SHould I install SP1, SP2 & Acceleration?

More than anything I want the best out of FSX for MSFlight.

Again thanks for the help, the lengths we'll go to so we can fly wherever we wish. :)

Last edited:
Country
austria
Hello!
I'm new to this forum and not sure if someone is still bothered with this topic but I'll try anyway I guess, hope it's no problem if this is a bit longer post.
I installed MS Flight about 1 1/2 months ago and having done basicly everything there is to do in game I thought I'll get those last Aerocaches from the world map, now to the problem I always encounter when trying to convert the fsx world to MS Flight:

I run cmd as admin and enter this command line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\FlightTemp" /a

I have FSX SE installed on my second HDD because I'm running short on storage on my SSD but that still has 17 GB of storage left so it should be enough for the temp folder and install right?

It starts converting all the files and everything looks like it's going fine, however at one point it stops and I get this error in the last few lines:

Loading MDL...
Determining optimal material set

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.AccessViolationException: Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben. Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.
bei DetermineMaterialShaderPipeline(Model* , Material* )
bei FlightToolkit.OptimizeMaterials(Model* pModel, ConversionOptions* pConversionOptions, unordered_map<int\,int\,std::hash<int>\,std::equal_to<int>\,std::allocator<std::pair<int const \,int> > >* mapOldToNewMaterials, vector<MDL::Material\,std::allocator<MDL::Material> >* vecNewMaterials, vector<int\,std::allocator<int> >* vecMaterialVertexDataFlags)
bei FlightToolkit.ModelConverter.ConvertMDL(Stream stream, String path, IEnumerable`1 textureSearchPaths, String tspName, ILogger logger, OutputTextureFormat outputTextureFormat, Boolean useMDLGuidAsMaterialVariationID, Boolean modelOnly)
bei FlightToolkit.SceneryConverter.ConvertFSXSceneryToFlight(String fsxSceneryCfgPath, String fsxTerrainCfgPath, String outputRootPath, HashSet`1 filesToSkip, HashSet`1 vegetationGroupings, IEnumerable`1 lclookupBgls, ILogger logger, IProgress`1 progress)
bei ContentConverter.Program.Main(String[] args)

C:\Windows\system32>

My system language is set to german so sorry for that inconvenience but to give you a quick translation:
Unbehandelte Ausnahme=untreated exception
Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben.=It was tried to read/write in protected memory
Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.=It is often a sign that your memory is damaged

edit: no it is not I also checked that possibility with windows tool in hard drive properties, but I could also check with 3rd party software if you guys think that's of any help

Further info: ALL DLC's from the Addon Manager are installed including WorldUI and the by my knowledge converted aircraft like the b58 baron, the temp folder is totally empty in the outgoing folder, FSX SE is new install and wasn't even started once before I tried converting it the first time, I did start it up to check if that makes any difference with files it usually installs when opened the first time (no it doesn't still the same error)

Any bit of help would be great, I'm trying to get this to run for nearly a week now with no success, couldn't resist trying out FSX SE in the meantime since I just recently got it in a sale but I could make a new install if you come up with any ideas to get this to run, FSX is full vanilla till now and only did a bit of free flight and tutorial missions so I guess that wouldn't really make a difference anyway?

Thanks for reading!

-eduonkhl

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I would change the output to the D: drive if it has more room. Also you could try the FlightToolkit_1_1_34 version:

Country
austria
I would change the output to the D: drive if it has more room. Also you could try the FlightToolkit_1_1_34 version:

Thank you for your quick response!
So 1_1_31 is not the newest version? What's the difference to 1_1_34?
I already tried installing it on D: drive multiple times and I got the same error message, now I tried it again to find out if it would work this time with 1_1_34 version but now I'm back to an older problem I had to deal with for days:

C:\Windows\system32>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"D:\FlightTemp" /a
ContentConverter, Version: 1.1.34.0

Usage:
ContentConverter [options] <Mode>

Mode -
model [/c:(path to conversion options xml)] [/modelOnly] [/p] /i:(path to FSX .mdl) /s:(semicolon delimited list of paths containing the referenced textures) /o:(output file for Flight .model)
aircraft [/c:(path to conversion options xml)] /i:(path to FSX aircraft.cfg) /o:(output folder for converted assets)
landmark [/c:(path to conversion options xml)] /i:(path to FSX OBX bgl) /m:(semicolon delimited list of paths to bgls containing the referenced models) /s:(semicolon delimited list of paths containing the referenced textures) /o:(path to directory for Flight OBX*.bgl and converted assets)
placement /i:(path to FSX OBX bgl) /o:(path to output Flight OBX bgl)
placements /i:(path to root directory containing FSX OBX*.bgls) /o:(path to directory to output Flight FSX*.bgls)
airport /i:(path to FSX APX bgl) /o:(path to output Flight APX bgl)
airports /i:(path to root directory containing FSX APX*.bgls) /o:(path to directory to output Flight APX*.bgls)
vector /i:(path to FSX CVX bgl) /o:(path to output Flight CVX bgl)
vectors /i:(path to root directory containing FSX CVX*.bgls) /o:(path to directory to output Flight CVX*.bgls)
annotation /i:(path to FSX agn) /o:(path to output Flight agn file)
annotations /i:(path to root directory containing FSX agn files) /o:(path to directory to output Flight agn files)
fsx [/a] [/c:(path to conversion options xml)] /i:(path to FSX install directory) /o:(path to directory to output Flight files)

Options:
/v or /verbose
Logging verbosity level (Optional)
/l:<text> or /log:<text>
Log output path (Optional)
/a or /saveAddon
For use with FSX mode. Instead of directly installing the converted content, builds a .flightAddon file in the output folder. (Optional)

Now it won't execute the instructions no matter the output folder and I get this options list instead, is there something I could type at the very bottom at C:\Windows\system32> to make it execute the previous instructions? I never really used cmd for anything so I don't really know how it works It's really akward on how differently it behaves with Toolkit versions but it's either one or the other error in any case

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I use a batch file to run the converter (no need for the command line).
Code:
ContentConverter.exe fsx /a /i:"D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"D:\Programs\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight\MyFSX" >MyFSX.log
pause

I leave the MyFSX.bat file in the same folder holding the content converter. You may need to look at the MyFSX.bat file to change the folders to your locations, and check the MyFSX.bat file properties to run as administrator and perhaps to UnBlock it.

Just double-click on the MyFSX.bat file to run it. Old School. It also produces a log file in the ContentConverter's folder that may be of interest. The output is anFlight Addon that needs to be installed with Flight Toolkit's AddOnManager.exe

Attachments

• MyFSX.zip
    267 bytes · Views: 380
Country
austria
I use a batch file to run the converter (no need for the command line).
Code:
ContentConverter.exe fsx /a /i:"D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"D:\Programs\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight\MyFSX" >MyFSX.log
pause

I leave the MyFSX.bat file in the same folder holding the content converter. You may need to look at the MyFSX.bat file to change the folders to your locations, and check the MyFSX.bat file properties to run as administrator and perhaps to UnBlock it.

Just double-click on the MyFSX.bat file to run it. Old School. It also produces a log file in the ContentConverter's folder that may be of interest. The output is anFlight Addon that needs to be installed with Flight Toolkit's AddOnManager.exe

Thank you very much for your efforts! Not sure if the bat file itself was of any help but it helped me to understand that it's not the converter that's the problem here. After much tinkering with firewalls, antivirus, run as admin and unblocking things it still game me access violation errors at the end. Only thing that finally worked was when I logged in as admin through windows to have admin rights with everything. For the first time I had a .flightAddon file in my folder and I managed to install it with Addon Manager. The game kept crashing yesterday when it tried to load into the menue. Unchecking FSX World in Addon Manager resolved this problem. I thought great atleast hopefully this is the last hurdle to resolve but looks like I got real lucky as the problem kind of resolved itself and with a simple pc restart on the other day and it finally works today. Thanks again mate finally got it to work!

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Wow! Glad you got it working after all that trouble. I still have fun with Flight. It was meant to get you up in the air with minimal study or training, and it does that very well.

Country
austria
Wow! Glad you got it working after all that trouble. I still have fun with Flight. It was meant to get you up in the air with minimal study or training, and it does that very well.
Yeah I'm also glad I finally got it to work. I played it a bit when it was released back in 2012 but after a few weeks I lost interest as I didn't bother paying that much for new content and after getting FSX a week ago on steam I now understand why so many people think it's a backwards step, they didn't bother implementing so much stuff and atleast to me it kind of comes off as using accessibility as an excuse to not having to detail aircraft. The devil's in the detail and Flight didn't even implement features from FSX that have zero effect on accessibility like driving cars on the road, animals, birds etc.. Such immersion breaking things like no NPC next to you in missions. it's hard not to say that any zombie survival game has more life in it than Flight, the only other living thing I saw in this game is that kajak guy you have to rescue from the beach lol After this much criticism you may think I hate this game, I'm not saying it isn't badly executed whatever being the reasons (lack of development time, recources...). I still think it has likeable aspects and now having all vanilla content for free plus much more than I thought additional content from the community it's probably worth playing more than ever before, even if it's just to pass time till MSFS 2020 is out and you don't have FSX or X-plane. Probably my most fun moments where when I saw what ridiculous kinds of cargo you can transport and when I was doing a passenger flight and the people where sick during all of the flight and the guy at the end just said with a serious voice "Thanks for the flight we'll recommend you to other people" :D

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
It was meant to be a fun game. Seriously under developed. No SimConnect. Difficult or impossible to add scenery. No living world. Addons would have cost a fortune. Not what the sim community wanted at all. P3D v5 and Dos Equis are looking good. I don't have X-Plane, but it has some dedicated fans and they are going to use the Vulcan engine in the future. Things are looking up.

But Flight is a fun diversion with the aerocaches and jobs.

Country
us-oregon
Hello again, I had to reinstall Flight due to losing my gaming PC to a wildfire, luckily I was able to buy a gaming laptop with insurance funds, anyhow, I installed Flighttoolkit but I can't access the DLC server, I can't install the full Hawaii map when I try to manual install an aircraft addon, it ask if I want to connect to download a dependency and than it says "the remote server could be resolved download.xbox.com" has something changed? I have tried several versions including the latest version 1.1.34 Addon manager only shows the core and nothing more. If indeed there is no way to connect to the DLC server, are the cabs available for download like on Onedrive? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Country
brazil
Please! The toolkit in not finding the DLC's anymore! Can anyone upload the DLC's so we can install whit the Toolkit?

Country
brazil
I found and downloaded the DLC's but I don't know how to make the Toolkit recognize the DLC's since it's not possible to install through the Toolkit...
Does anyone have any ideas on how I could make the toolkit recognize the DLC's?

Country
germany
I found and downloaded the DLC's but I don't know how to make the Toolkit recognize the DLC's since it's not possible to install through the Toolkit...
Does anyone have any ideas on how I could make the toolkit recognize the DLC's?
where did you find the DLC's to download them?