• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

a difficult polygon case

Hi,

Let me start by describing the case :

- there is a third party airport add-on with a polygon that also killed photogrammetry around the airport.

- the airport also created custom buildings around it.

- is it possible to create a polygon on top of it, that would cover the area around the airport and bring back the photogrammetry ?

my objective is to see the photogrammetry buildings back again around the airport instead of customized or ms / asobo’s autogenerated ones.

Country
italy
Hi kvari,

The photogrammtetry could have been excluded with a polygon

Do you know you can exclude that poly as well?
Try with a ExclusionRectangle with the option excludePolygons
The ExclusionRectangle should include all the points of the polygon you want to exclude, to help you finding them
You can enable the debug shapes option.in the dev menu there Is also a sub menu that helps you identitfy the polygon type and the package name where the polygon are

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

thanx for the highly informative reply. it is of great value to me.

i’ll try to remove the underlying polygon with the method you suggest. may I also just partially overwrite and remove it ? I mean only in the surrounding areas of the airport and not all over the entire airport ground ?

Country
italy
My findings are that you Need to exlcude the whole polygon to make things work

But nothing prevents you to add your own exclude polygon later

Please note that ExclusionRectangle method with exlcudePolyogon properties Will kill all the polygon in the area (every kind)

So, If there are important polygons used in tje area you have to redo them!

the odds are that the designer of the airport might have rendered multiple polygons for different areas and might have compiled them into a single poly.bgl ( i can see in the scenery folder there is a poly.bgl )

do you think i would be able to see if the underlying polygon is a single
body or consists of multiple sub-polygons ?

if multiple, then would be much easier to work with and produce way more concise and by-passing results.

Country
italy
The debug shapes Will give you more answer than i can do by guessing what the developer has done, and without owning the scenery Is , you know, Just a try to guess :(
Maybe you can try to get in touch with them and they could try to provide separate BGLs if the overlapping polygons Will be hard to manage for the ExclusionRectangle

Country
italy
under which menu is the debug shapes option present ?
Dev menu/ Options|Terrain /Debug Shapes

(Don't touch the Draw shapes!)
5bbfcbc3c842a094cf06e7911f3f5a73.jpg

I did it accordingly by creating an exclude rectangle that covers all the points of the polygon with excludeallobjects option on as it also had custom buildings on it but I still have default autogenerated buildings popping out form behind. I don’t know if they are OSM or MS or whatever.

The area i created the exclude for is tagged like no TIN buildings vegetation

I haven’t a clue what TIN is for.

I cannot get rid of the autogen buildings popping out and cannot yet see the much desired photogrammetry.

I can only see pg when If i remove the airport scenery. that’s a bummer.

Country
italy
TIN Is Triangulated Irregular Network,

In msfs world Is Photogrammetry

The ExclusionRectangle Is a Little bit picky, i find the excludeAll option Is not the best, try to set the option to only One thing per ExclusionRectangle (in your case excludePolygon)

In the first place I tried directly with excludePolygon as well but there are a few handcrafted buildings in the polygon and the result showed those buildings sadly.

so i wanted to get rid of them as well and chose excludeALL and then those aitegenerated buildings popped out, OMS or MS.

do you suggest me do anything special to rid my area of both the polygon and the handcrafted buildings at the same time except for choosing excludeALL ? should I individually pick both exludeSimObjects and excludePolygons checkboxes ?

Country
italy
I would use

1 exclusionrRectangle with excludePolygon (to bring back default scenery

1 or more ExclusionRectangle with excludeLibraryObjects to remove handcrafted buildings
1 or more polygons with building/exclude OSM+msbuilding+detected building

I would use

1 exclusionrRectangle with excludePolygon (to bring back default scenery

1 or more ExclusionRectangle with excludeLibraryObjects to remove handcrafted buildings
1 or more polygons with building/exclude OSM+msbuilding+detected building

thnx, sounded wise. but still no pg. i will
share a screenshot of the area with type and name tags of the debug shapes.

there is a rectangular polygon that covers the whole area and it’s tagged with airport vegetation etc, i suspect that it might cause this persistent problem.

thnx again, for your caring help. i’ve learnt a lot already.